Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Call Echo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the past week or so, people on the other end of my calls have been saying they hear a lot of echo. Enough to make a conversation impossible. I have tried recalling, them recalling, calling different phones, and none seem to work. I am on 18.18.3 but the problem started before this. I do not hear echo but their voice seems to cut out a lot on my end. My connectivity usually shows "all bars".

Anyone else have similar issues or have any troubleshooting ideas? I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. Thanks.
Has been happening to me since delivery. iPhone X And Friday is running 2018.24.1 so definitely no software fix yet. Friend has same issue. Very frustrating but we all knew there would be quirks!

After having several callers report hearing a pronounced echo, I tried it myself this weekend. I reproduced the issue calling from both my iPhone and landline. Very annoying. Seems like this should be a high priority firmware fix for Tesla.

Recently updated to 28.1 and still have a pretty bad echo on the caller's side if I don't turn the volume down to about 3-4. At that point, they're not really loud enough to hear while driving. I contacted support before I updated and they said it should have been fixed in my previous version (26), but that was definitely not the case.

It goes away from time to time, so I'm pretty sure there's nothing hardware related, but I'm not ruling that out.

Pretty disappointed since at this point I don't even bother with calls through the car, instead relying on headphones/speakerphone.

Reactions: GuyDude
My daughter just got an update (not sure which) and called me to test. The echo was still there, but at a lower volume. Then a few moments later it went away. Seems like it needs some short time to adapt, then it's good.

Ymmv, of course.