Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone call echo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started getting reports of an echo in my Model 3 after installing the Taptes wireless charger. The echo happens when my iPhone is on the wireless charger. When I take it off the charger and set it on the seat, the echo goes away.

BINGO!!! Thank you!
As long as my phone was on the charger, people on the other end were getting echo. Phone not on the charger = no echo.

I have the same echo feedback problem and have noticed it more on the last few 2020.20 and 2020.24 versions

I’ve lowered volume problem exists. Something is clearly not right as it worked fine an few months ago as I take many conference calls in the car. Now I have to take off BT to talk.

also noticed that mute on the touchscreen does not mute the mic and people can still hear me..

I’m having this problem when I call my wife when she’s driving the car, and she says she gets the same thing when she calls me when I’m driving. She has an iPhone 8, I have a Xr. She says she puts her phone in the cup holder. I usually leave mine on the wireless charging pad. Will try to move the phone to the seat next time.

I’m having the same issue and I don’t think it applies to Bluetooth but iPhone users try going to settings>general>accessibility>audio/visual and turn off noise cancellation. This used to be a fix for echo on calls while using a waterproof case a few years ago.

Reactions: DMBM3
I’m having this problem when I call my wife when she’s driving the car, and she says she gets the same thing when she calls me when I’m driving. She has an iPhone 8, I have a Xr. She says she puts her phone in the cup holder. I usually leave mine on the wireless charging pad. Will try to move the phone to the seat next time.
Moving the phone to the seat while we were talking worked immediately. I moved the phone back to the charging pad and there was still no echo. Could be total coincidence, but we’ll continue to try this in the future.