Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone call echo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also still seeing it. I had some hope that it was caused by a non tesla charging mat but it now seems like that’s not it. Definitely not great, and never once had this problem in my BMW with the same phone, but I guess I can work around by using Airpods since I don’t do that many calls in the car.

Typically, when I call others from my car (2019 M3 LR AWD) it is perfect on both ends. This includes iPhone to iPhone.

However, I did experience a severe echo problem a short time ago.

I had been waiting in a parking lot and started watching a Netflix show on the touchscreen. No problems.

Then - I got an incoming call that I answered using the touchscreen. The caller complained of a bad echo. Hung up - I initiated the call - same issue. Tried calling a different person - same problem.

I rebooted the MCU - problem went away.

So - something to consider...

It is June 2022…. And I have this issue since I got my model Y in Feb. What seems to help for me is taking the phone off the charger and back on it. Makes no sense to me, but the echo goes away for the caller. I had a technical technician over, he changed me mic, made no difference. Very annoying.