TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Phone call from Tesla regarding Model X 5 seats and SAS UK

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Tanflado, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Tanflado

Tanflado Member

Hi Guys,

I wondered if anyone else had received a phone call from Tesla on friday regarding 5 seat Model X configuration which is now unavailable with none air suspension?
    I was offered to pay £1100 to upgrade to SAS.
    I politely told them that I ordered the car without SAS as i didn't think it would be a benefit and even at a discount I still don`t see a benefit.........

I suggested including the 6 seat option for the £1100

I am still waiting for them to come back to me...........

2. cheekychappie

cheekychappie Member

I don't understand this though, if you place an order you place an order right? If after that they make changes, then either they a) honour the original orders but do not take new ones with that spec, or b) change your spec in agreement with you but no additional cost?

• Like x 2
  3. Tanflado

Tanflado Member

Yep, that`s my thought process too. I pointed out that it was Tesla that offered my original configuration which I happily agreed to and paid my £2000 deposit. Tesla confirmed the order .....deal done as far as I am concerned.

Why should I have to pay for Tesla changing their mind and making a commercial decision to include SAS on all Model X ?

4. cookielovers

cookielovers Member

To be honest in my view if they choose to remove a feature after they have a full order and deposit paid then I think they should provide the SAS for free, based on there own principles they should pay you £500 for changing the order after all it is Tesla that wants to change your order and if wanted to change you order they would charge you £500.

• Like x 1
  5. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

Tesla discontinued the 85 (which I had ordered) during my wait for delivery. They gave me the option to downgrade to smaller battery (with refund) or upgrade to larger one (at increased cost).

I suppose this is different - the option has never come into being - but seems similar to me in the sense that, for whatever reason, Tesla have decided not to make it. No real "downgrade" route available though ...