Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone call switches to my car with another driver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the primary preferred) driver profile with my iPhone and my 2018 M3. My daughter has her own profile/key with her iPhone. Sometimes, when I am on a business call in my office above the garage, and my daughter gets in the car, the phone call flips to the Tesla in mid-call. Is there a way to avoid this?

I also have the issue when I get in the car after she has driven it, that from Easy Entry profile it goes back to her seat settings and I get crushed while I’m frantically trying to reset to my profile (she is in the house).

Are these problems common, and are they supposed to be fixed by the upcoming cloud profile feature?

Thanks all.

I have the primary preferred) driver profile with my iPhone and my 2018 M3. My daughter has her own profile/key with her iPhone. Sometimes, when I am on a business call in my office above the garage, and my daughter gets in the car, the phone call flips to the Tesla in mid-call. Is there a way to avoid this?

I also have the issue when I get in the car after she has driven it, that from Easy Entry profile it goes back to her seat settings and I get crushed while I’m frantically trying to reset to my profile (she is in the house).

Are these problems common, and are they supposed to be fixed by the upcoming cloud profile feature?

Thanks all.
First step, I presume you have a profile linked correctly to your perspective keys, if not make sure to do this:
Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

Second thing have the Bluetooth priority device set to your phone in your profile. In your daughter's profile have the priority device set as your daughter's phone. Note they change according to profile.
Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla
I didn't have that setup previously and I had the same issue you did. I'm not sure however, if the saved bluetooth devices are independent of profile (like if you delete in one and keep it in other it will stay), but if it is, you can also try deleting the bluetooth profile too. Note this does not affect the phone key.

If you have Easy Entry set up, I would check if that changes the bluetooth priority device too (again you can try delete).

As for your issue of wrong profile, I would check for sure if you have the driver profile linked correctly to the key as per the first link. I do sometimes have the issue of the wrong profile loading, but that is because usually the other person's phone is also in range, and it gets confused.