Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone calls not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi! I’m not sure if it is just user error but my phone calls don’t work. I can sync my phone book and place and receive calls but I hear nothing at all and neither does the person on the other line. I checked the phone volume and it seems to be up. What am I missing? Is anyone else having this problem?

PS-everything else seems to be working fine. If I try to listen to Spotify through my phone (and not through Tesla) it will still play it.

Bumping old thread since I'm having this issue since the latest update to 2020.20.12

Phone will ring once and card will show incoming call as normal - but only 1 ring. When pressing the answer button I hear nothing from the other party even though the call timer is running. The only way to take the call is via the phone itself.

Having similar issue with Pixel 3. On the same update as you. Turns out the other party can usually hear me and I can't hear them.

Also been stuck a few times where it won't hang up. Have to turn bluetooth off/on to get radio back.

Calling using "recent contacts" list from phone functions works the best. Voice dialing "Call wife" never connects for me.

about 50% of the time, I get no sound at all upon making or receiving a call.

I have found a workaround though; if there's no sound, I grab my phone, switch the phone output from "Tesla Model 3", to "iPhone". then I hold the phone to my head and am able to talk and hear the call. as soon as I get a chance, I then switch the phone output back from "iPhone" to "Tesla Model 3", and so far that has worked every single time I've tried it.

• Informative
Reactions: XLR82XS
Having similar issue with Pixel 3. On the same update as you. Turns out the other party can usually hear me and I can't hear them.

Also been stuck a few times where it won't hang up. Have to turn bluetooth off/on to get radio back.

Calling using "recent contacts" list from phone functions works the best. Voice dialing "Call wife" never connects for me.
Same with me, and also my contacts won't sync. No problems for two years until this recent update.

You can try unpairing and re-pairing your phone (just for Bluetooth audio, not the phone key Bluetooth). That has fixed the contacts sync for me in the past.
Did that. Today I think I'll try yet another re-boot and multiple resets of bluetooth. If that doesn't work, I'll just chill until my service appointment later this month. I don't have to drive much anyway, so I can do without my phone for calling, for now.

Did that. Today I think I'll try yet another re-boot and multiple resets of bluetooth. If that doesn't work, I'll just chill until my service appointment later this month. I don't have to drive much anyway, so I can do without my phone for calling, for now.
I see this thread is from 2020, however, I just got a 2023 and my phone calls will not work. I’ve connected Bluetooth, and the screen shows the call coming in, I just don’t get the call through the car. Has anyone cracked this?

Bumping this because like the past post... I just picked up my 2023 Model 3 and although my phone is connected fine, I can't answer phone calls although I can call out. When the phone rings, it will ring maybe once or twice from the car but there is no option to press anything to answer the call from the touch screen. Anyone else have this issue or found the cause?