Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Charging Cable (Different Problem)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cigar Man

Intriguing Human
Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2020
McAllen, Texas
Okay - call me a dummy. I am not the most mechanically adroit person in the world.

All I want to do is run a cable from the USB port to the phone cradle I have that sits on the left side of the touchscreen.

Simple, eh?

Well, I can't figure out how to get the charging pad off so I can get to the USB port. In the photos attached, I show the plastic lip on the side of the pad - and I can't get it loose. In the other photo, I show the underneath of the phone dock. It has the one cable coming out, but I cannot remove that short cable in order to substitute it for the longer cable I want to use. 20201115_111126.jpg 20201115_111136.jpg

Thanx in advance.

I saw a video that showed the piano block bar (bottom of the charging pad) slides to the left. Maybe that does the trick?

There are two USB ports that you can see when you lift the charging pad. If one of those is unused, maybe get a cable for the unused USB port?

I saw a video that showed the piano block bar (bottom of the charging pad) slides to the left. Maybe that does the trick?

There are two USB ports that you can see when you lift the charging pad. If one of those is unused, maybe get a cable for the unused USB port?

Yup - I saw the same video - and the bar doesn't move either.

I'd like to use the port that has the short cable in it now. That is a USB C to USB C connection.