Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Dock no longer comes with the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is definitely not discontinued because I just ordered one from my service center on Friday. They are still available on the Tesla web site as well. It’s $34.

Model S/X Quick Connection Phone Dock

I assumed BS, just because I know they came out with the USB-C one... why bother with newer USB tech if you are disco'ing the thing. Personally I don't like the placement or the slow charging - so it was not even worth arguing about.

I'd love to get the aftermarket one you mentioned, but I don't think it has faster charging either (pls correct if I am wrong there).

My phone is like a Tesla... capable of SuperCharging, but our default USB ports are not....

I assumed BS, just because I know they came out with the USB-C one... why bother with newer USB tech if you are disco'ing the thing. Personally I don't like the placement or the slow charging - so it was not even worth arguing about.

I'd love to get the aftermarket one you mentioned, but I don't think it has faster charging either (pls correct if I am wrong there).

My phone is like a Tesla... capable of SuperCharging, but our default USB ports are not....

My plan for iPhone "supercharging" is to try and plug in the USB side of the cable into a 2.1A cigarette lighter adapter instead of the Tesla 1A USB ports. Might need a short extension cable.