TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Phone dock with new cars.

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Dstrohl, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Dstrohl

Dstrohl Member

SO, in the "Premium Upgrades Package", you get the quick connector phone dock... in the description for that product on the store it says you get your "choice" of either a lightning connector or micro-usb.

Do they just stock these and you can select it on delivery day? or do they send you a question at some point asking about it? or do I have to make sure they know what I want before delivery? (or?)

(I know I can ask my service adviser about this, but asking the forum seems faster often than waiting for a response.)

2. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

I think I have both in the box that came with the car. Not installed (inventory car).

3. PtG62901

PtG62901 Member

They preinstalled the lightening connector, micro USB in box. It isn't that great a feature, just connects a USB to the phone, out of eyesight.

4. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

In my 2nd Gen centre console that I got installed just 2 days ago, it came with both connectors in the box, and they just asked me which one I wanted pre-installed. They gave me the box with the other connector inside in case I switch phones.

5. Chaz

Chaz Big Kahuna

ditto for me

6. Dstrohl

Dstrohl Member

Thanks everyone, it's a small detail, but I didn't want to ignore it.