TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Phone favourites

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by klib, Mar 30, 2020.

1. klib

klib Member

Does anyone else have the problem where phone favourites are not showing? I'm up to 2020.8.2 but I still don't see the favourites tab in the phone panel. I believe this functionality was introduced many releases ago, but I've never had it.

2. AndrewGR

AndrewGR Member

I’ve got a favourites tab. Just as well because it’s not easy to search the full contacts list - or at least, I haven’t worked out how to do it.

3. klib

klib Member

Yes. That's precisely why I'm hoping to figure out how to get the favourites tab! Searching the list is hard, and voice recognition for contacts just doesn't work.

4. Radders

Radders Member

Might be the phone, I had an old samsung note 3 and note 4 (1 private 1 work) . Neither of them showed the 'faviotates' tab, but recently got the samsung A50 and the favourite tab became available.

5. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Member

On the iPhone go to Bluetooth settings. Click the i and make sure favourites is ticked.

There is a bug however, each of your favourites will be imported twice and will display in the contacts as a double entry.

0E92A471-C805-483A-AD42-EE05AF986486.jpeg

6. klib

klib Member

I have a Samsung Note 9. Quite a recent phone. Would that be a problem? Would be interested if any other people have the same issue, though interesting that you experienced it with your older Notes.

7. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Member

You have to enable the favourites tab in the Bluetooth settings of the phone. They don’t sync by default.