TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

phone handsfree not working on outgoing calls

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by angelman, Aug 7, 2018.

1. angelman

angelman Member

This is very weird. My phone is connected just fine to the car. I never have a problem using the phone as a key. When I try to make a call though with bluetooth, using the voice command, it finds the contact, dials the contact and calls but the audio goes through the phone. Incoming calls though are routed correctly through the car audio.
    I have never seen behaviour like this when using bluetooth anywhere else (for example in my Volvo).
    Anyone else see anything weird like this.. ideas to fix it? I tried forgetting the bluetooth connection and re pairing...

2. JoganJani

JoganJani Member

It does on my Samsung Note 8 sometimes. What kind of phone are using? I also have to connect it manually quite often.

3. BioSehnsucht

BioSehnsucht Model 3 LR

Sometimes it seems to take 10-15 seconds to actually start ringing, and other times I don't hear anything until the other person picks up. I think there's some kind of bug where the audio is muted or not passed through for some reason for some number of seconds. Other times it works fine. This is an Android 7.0 device (HTC One m9)

4. angelman

angelman Member

I have a samsung s7 edge. It's weird because the bluetooth is all connected, I can see the address book, it receives calls handsfree, it's just making the calls doesnt activate the car audio.

5. JoganJani

JoganJani Member

Do you have another BT device connected as well? Like gear? I get this problem intermittently and I wear Grea S3

6. angelman

angelman Member

Hmm my wife's phone is not connected but it is remembered.. maybe I'll try deleting it and see if that helps..

7. JoganJani

JoganJani Member

I meant if you have another BT devices connected to your phone. There might be conflict if you have another audio profile connected.

8. fmcotton

fmcotton Member

I have the same problem. Report it as a bug.