Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Holders for Larger Phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all!

I have very much slacked on getting this "project" done for the past, oh, 2 years...but I've finally forced myself to complete it.

I'm not sure how many other people here run into the issue of having a phone just slightly too big to fit into the phone holder, even with the larger stock version (only 2 sizes Tesla, really?), but if you've found yourself in the same situation as me, maybe this will help!

Tesla Model S Phone Holders for Google Pixel 2 XL by isentropik

The holders should fit a Pixel 2 XL with this case very nicely. The only other things I did to make this work are:
  • Replaced the micro-USB connector with the USB-C connector (because duh).
  • Offset the USB-C connector upwards towards the phone a bit. This was done by adding a small shim / washer to the plastic connector holder before screwing it into place.
If you want quality at the expense of cost, get these 3D printed by someone like Stratasys. They look almost identical to the injection molded stock parts.

The files aren't easily customizable due to the surfacing involved, but if enough people want a specific size or set of sizes I suppose I could be convinced.

Enjoy!