TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Phone instead of HUD ?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by TEG, Jul 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I am surprised that I haven't seen this mentioned yet, but wouldn't the blank dashboard in front of the driver make a good place to put a phone holder? So you could do something like run Waze there to augment the existing Nav.

• Like x 1
  2. Waiting4M3

Waiting4M3 Active Member

Someone should build a projector into a phone, mount the phone on the dash board, and voila, HUD ;)

• Funny x 1
  3. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

Would you really want waze on your ~5.5" screen vs 15" center console? I think many owners (me included) would love waze integration. Right?

• Like x 1
  4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Well, yeah - CarPlay and apps like Waze. But if you don't get that, phone screen would be plan B.

5. Waiting4M3

Waiting4M3 Active Member

Sorry just can't resist it, whenever I hear HUD on TMC I think of this:
    HUD.jpg

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

No, that is for the 'X' ...

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  7. dreamwave6

dreamwave6 Member

• Informative x 1
  8. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Member

There is no binnacle on the model 3 to mount the Navdy above. Really looks like I will be doing the same as all my other cars. Put an iPhone mount on the dash with a wire running to it to charge.

Say, that's a point. Anyone seen the cigarette lighter? Where do we plug in all our favorite accessories and pumps?

-Randy