TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
  1. TMC is currently READ ONLY.
    Click here for more info.

Phone interference

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Hornedfrog1, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Hornedfrog1

Hornedfrog1 Member

if I’m parked and waiting for someone to come out of the store or waiting on the kids at their school and I have my Samsung phone in the little tray directly below the MCU I at time will get this weird static, buzzing, interference sound through the speakers. I know the obvious answer, move the phone further away from the MCU which I try to remember to do. I’m just wondering, does anyone else experiences this?

2. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Grouchy

Yes, I occasionally experience this as well. It's not all the time but I speculate it's when the phone is jacked up to full power due to weaker cell signals.

As you pointed out, the only solution I know of is to relocate the phone.

Mike

• Like x 1
  3. Ande

Ande Member