Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Key (Android) Unpaired with latest app update

Mossberg71

Jun 10, 2021
California
Hi, I searched came across several threads but none of the solutions worked. I have a regular Galaxy S21+ (not rooted or anything) that has worked flawlessly as a phone key for the last 2 months I've had the car. There was a new Tesla phone app update that installed a few days ago and I went to unlock my car that morning (about an hour after the install) and it wouldn't work. Used the regular key and went into the phone key settings in the car and my phone was gone! Now I've tried re-pairing it and it just says "Please Try Again, could not find vehicle". I've tried rebooting the in-car software, re-installed the phone app, checked all the phone bluetooth and power settings, etc, and nothing works. It's driving me crazy because of how convenient and well it worked before. Any thoughts?

ZilWin

May 29, 2021
North America, Earth
Hi, I searched came across several threads but none of the solutions worked. I have a regular Galaxy S21+ (not rooted or anything) that has worked flawlessly as a phone key for the last 2 months I've had the car. There was a new Tesla phone app update that installed a few days ago and I went to unlock my car that morning (about an hour after the install) and it wouldn't work. Used the regular key and went into the phone key settings in the car and my phone was gone! Now I've tried re-pairing it and it just says "Please Try Again, could not find vehicle". I've tried rebooting the in-car software, re-installed the phone app, checked all the phone bluetooth and power settings, etc, and nothing works. It's driving me crazy because of how convenient and well it worked before. Any thoughts?
I have just experienced the same issue. I installed the App upgrade (4.1.1-667) yesterday and my phone key is not working until I use the card key. Then I can see the phone in the key app. Walk away locks will work, but if I return to the car it is inconsistent as to whether the phone will be recognised or not. Also the edit icon is not present for the phone as it is for other 'keys'.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC