Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Key (Android) Unpaired with latest app update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I searched came across several threads but none of the solutions worked. I have a regular Galaxy S21+ (not rooted or anything) that has worked flawlessly as a phone key for the last 2 months I've had the car. There was a new Tesla phone app update that installed a few days ago and I went to unlock my car that morning (about an hour after the install) and it wouldn't work. Used the regular key and went into the phone key settings in the car and my phone was gone! Now I've tried re-pairing it and it just says "Please Try Again, could not find vehicle". I've tried rebooting the in-car software, re-installed the phone app, checked all the phone bluetooth and power settings, etc, and nothing works. It's driving me crazy because of how convenient and well it worked before. Any thoughts?

Hi, I searched came across several threads but none of the solutions worked. I have a regular Galaxy S21+ (not rooted or anything) that has worked flawlessly as a phone key for the last 2 months I've had the car. There was a new Tesla phone app update that installed a few days ago and I went to unlock my car that morning (about an hour after the install) and it wouldn't work. Used the regular key and went into the phone key settings in the car and my phone was gone! Now I've tried re-pairing it and it just says "Please Try Again, could not find vehicle". I've tried rebooting the in-car software, re-installed the phone app, checked all the phone bluetooth and power settings, etc, and nothing works. It's driving me crazy because of how convenient and well it worked before. Any thoughts?
I have just experienced the same issue. I installed the App upgrade (4.1.1-667) yesterday and my phone key is not working until I use the card key. Then I can see the phone in the key app. Walk away locks will work, but if I return to the car it is inconsistent as to whether the phone will be recognised or not. Also the edit icon is not present for the phone as it is for other 'keys'.