Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Key Disconnected?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My phone key only works half the time, the other half I just need to have my unlock my phone with face ID (not even open to the home screen) and it will let me open up the doors.
Every time this happens the phone key shows disconnected

All of my tesla app setting are correct.. background refresh is on, location always on.
It seems like its an iPhone issue where my phone needs to be unlocked in order for my key to work?
but this issue doesn't happen about 50% of the time.

Sometimes, it happens after minutes.. sometimes, its longer.

Any suggestions?

My phone key only works half the time, the other half I just need to have my unlock my phone with face ID (not even open to the home screen) and it will let me open up the doors.
Every time this happens the phone key shows disconnected

All of my tesla app setting are correct.. background refresh is on, location always on.
It seems like its an iPhone issue where my phone needs to be unlocked in order for my key to work?
but this issue doesn't happen about 50% of the time.

Sometimes, it happens after minutes.. sometimes, its longer.

Any suggestions?

There are quite a few threads where people have phone as key issues, yet for lots of others it works fine. You said "face id" so I am assuming iphone. It works fine for me (all the time) on my iPhone X. You cant swipe away the tesla app.

Also make sure that you allow the tesla app to background app refresh (settings -- general -- background app refresh , ensure this is ON (mine is set to wifi and ceullular data, which is what I would recommend ) and that the tesla app is toggled on.

See if that helps.

Is it normal behavior that the phone key shows disconnected when the phone is physically outside of Bluetooth range of the vehicle? I just purchased a new model Y and I believe I remember the item in the app next to century showing connected all the time before the most recent app. Now it shows disconnected unless I am close to the vehicle. Is this correct behavior or is there something going on?
Screenshot_20220110-170355~2.png

Is it normal behavior that the phone key shows disconnected when the phone is physically outside of Bluetooth range of the vehicle? I just purchased a new model Y and I believe I remember the item in the app next to century showing connected all the time before the most recent app. Now it shows disconnected unless I am close to the vehicle. Is this correct behavior or is there something going on?View attachment 754344
Exactly the same thing is happening to me so I can’t charge my car remotely while on a trip 😠