Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone key having issues after phone update (OnePlus 8T - Android 12)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After suffering for years with a crappy OnePlus 5T phone key experience with my Model 3, I bought a OnePlus 8T and it has been flawless. That is, until about 1-2 weeks ago when I installed a system update which I believe included an update to Android 12. It reset a lot of my settings, but i think i have everything set up the way I had it before. However, there is a definite issue with the phone key now. Whenever I walk up to my Model 3, it often takes 5-10 seconds of trying to open the door before it actually unlocks. It is also slow to respond to pushing the button on the charge cable so I can pull the cord out. All of this used to be pretty much instant before the update. Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't tried unpairing and setting up phone key again, but not sure if that would make a difference.

I have a oneplus 8T running Android 12 as well. Post update the performance of the phone key has been pretty good. Only 1 or 2 instances where I had to open the tesla app, to have the car recognize the phone and unlock. I would try erasing the cache on your phone, that will sometimes help after an update to clear out any conflicts.

Reactions: stonelance