Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #27 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed: Consolidation in LiDAR manufacturers; Volvo EX90 shipping with LiDAR; FSD Beta Full Release in N.A.; FSD detecting autopilot cheats, Gwen Shotwell directly overseeing SpaceX Starship; and more. You can watch it now on YouTube. We should have it published to podcast networks shortly.

Phone key having issues after phone update (OnePlus 8T - Android 12)

After suffering for years with a crappy OnePlus 5T phone key experience with my Model 3, I bought a OnePlus 8T and it has been flawless. That is, until about 1-2 weeks ago when I installed a system update which I believe included an update to Android 12. It reset a lot of my settings, but i think i have everything set up the way I had it before. However, there is a definite issue with the phone key now. Whenever I walk up to my Model 3, it often takes 5-10 seconds of trying to open the door before it actually unlocks. It is also slow to respond to pushing the button on the charge cable so I can pull the cord out. All of this used to be pretty much instant before the update. Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't tried unpairing and setting up phone key again, but not sure if that would make a difference.

I have a oneplus 8T running Android 12 as well. Post update the performance of the phone key has been pretty good. Only 1 or 2 instances where I had to open the tesla app, to have the car recognize the phone and unlock. I would try erasing the cache on your phone, that will sometimes help after an update to clear out any conflicts.

Reactions: stonelance

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC