Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone key help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I have had a search but cannot find the answer to my question.

I got a new M3 yesterday and having an issue with the phone key. It connects and locks but doesn't unlock? The app suggests turning Bluetooth off and on but doesn't help. I've also removed phone and tried connecting again and get the same issue.

Any ideas?

Hi all, I have had a search but cannot find the answer to my question.

I got a new M3 yesterday and having an issue with the phone key. It connects and locks but doesn't unlock? The app suggests turning Bluetooth off and on but doesn't help. I've also removed phone and tried connecting again and get the same issue.

Any ideas?
I am having the same issue. The number one solution I've found is to go in your phone's settings, under battery, and look for battery optimization. The Tesla app might be going to sleep if it has this enabled. So try turning it off.

Unfortunately, this method did not work for me.

Others reported that pulling the handle open and holding it there will eventually get the car to unlock (assuming you have your phone and it has blue tooth turn on.) I will try this tomorrow to see if it works. BUT, it really isn't a good solution because the car should just open right up.

I am on day 3 of ownership. Day 1, the unlocking worked fine, but that night I downloaded the latest update. Might be coincidental.

Another post I read said that unlocking the doors started to work for them IF they turned sentry mode off. I am going to try this just to see. Again, not a good solution because I want sentry to work too.