Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone key issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I have a new MY. My phone key keeps connecting and disconnecting all the time. I take 5 attempts to get in, same again to start, then when I walk away it’s hit or miss if it locks.

I’m on a iPhone 14 with IOS 6. Ives Tried everything. Reset, reinstall. Turn and off Bluetooth and another phone.

Has anyone else had the same issue.

Have you tried a soft reboot of the car?

Hold both scroll wheels in for 10-15 seconds, let go, the screen will go black and it will reboot. Seems to fix a lot of issues, especially if you have done a software update
Ive done that a few times, uninstalled the app unpairs and re paired but to no avail! I have a tesla service appointment at 9:15 in Northampton, but i got a test last night saying they want it for a few days and if I want a loaner I have to wait until mid october!

It does seem like a genuine issue unless there is a setting on the phone I am not aware of ( Android user)but if you have tried another phone then the car does seem like the common factor. First thought was a faulty aerial in the wing mirror. though the not locking when you walk away is odd if it was that.

All I can say is that having moved from a 2019 M3 to an MY the connectivity on the phone key is noticeably better than it was on the M3 and is very good. so fundamentally its a solid system when functioning properly

Let me know what Tesla identifies as a solution. I have a 2022 MXP and this issue started happening right around IOS 16. Before that, the car would detect my phone as a key and I would be able to unlock doors without having to remove my phone from my pocket and unlock via app controls

Reactions: JTaylor360