Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Key - Primary and Secondary

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I'm taking delivery on Thursday and have a question about the phone key. I watched the video on how to setup the key, but what about a secondary phone? If I setup my phone as the primary and login with my Tesla credentials. Does the secondary phone login with the same username + pw? Or do they make a separate account and pair up the phone + vehicle?

Thank you!

First, welcome to the family and congrats on your new purchase!
Yes as long as you are logged in to your account. Note, for your 2nd key, you can assign it to your spouse's phone by having her create her own account and then adding her to the car's permission list and then every time she uses the car, it will remember all her settings that is saved to her own profile. You will have to create her profile on the car first.
Hope that helped

Reactions: Vawlkus
First, welcome to the family and congrats on your new purchase!
Yes as long as you are logged in to your account. Note, for your 2nd key, you can assign it to your spouse's phone by having her create her own account and then adding her to the car's permission list and then every time she uses the car, it will remember all her settings that is saved to her own profile. You will have to create her profile on the car first.
Hope that helped

CD, thanks for the warm welcome! When I create her account, do I also link the car VIN to her profile as well? Or just create a blank account for her to login and have the car tied to my account only?