TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Phone key problems

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Ch0pper, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Ch0pper

Ch0pper Member

Upon trying to enter my car this morning with my phone in my pocket (set up with phone key) I was told by my phone that my car was no longer in my Tesla account and that it had signed me out of the account. I logged back in and had to set up my phone key again, this in itself isn't really that annoying as it takes 30 seconds to do, but the annoying part is that it wiped all data on my TeslaStats app. Anybody else had this issue? and if so is there anyway of retrieving the data?

2. nightowl

nightowl Member

I went to check on the charging status before going to bed and got the same message about the car no longer being in my account, which was worrying at first but seems to just be a glitch. Logging back in resolved the issue for me as well. Can't help re the TeslaStats app as I don't use it sorry. Just wanted to confirm that you weren't the only one booted out of your account.

• Like x 1
  3. Killak

Killak Member

This happened to me on New Year's day. I realised in the morning I couldn't connect to my my car (for pre heating). Luckily I was at home and had the key card...normally I don't carry this around with me so if I was out and this happened it would've been quite a problem - lesson learnt!

By the evening I decided to sign out of the app and back in again but it kept says that there is no car linked to my account when logging back in. I reinstalled the app with no joy. A few hours later it sorted it self out though without me doing anything else so it must have been some gremlins in the system.

I did have a service appointment booked the next day though so don't know if that had anything to do with it?

4. Mart74

Mart74 Member

Last night I went to drive home from work and although I could pre heat and unlock the car once inside the app said the phone key wasn't connected.
    I restarted the phone, re logged in and rebooted the car but no luck.
    What was even more unlucky is the spare key I keep in my wallet had been lent to my other half who was 17 miles away :-(

Got a lift home and back and set up the car in about 5 seconds.

Must have been some sort of glitch I expect. Bit of a pain but no I'll always make sure I have the spare key with me.

5. Adopado

Adopado Active Member

The Tesla advice is to have the key card with you. Phone connections sometimes play up ... either because of the their tech or your device playing up.

6. Hatchie

Hatchie Member

Had the same issue the other day, turned out it was a problem with Tesla's servers, I was locked out via my phone all weekend had to wait until Monday when they re set the server.
    When I question what I would I do if to get in the car, their response was get someone to bring the key card out to me.

7. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

#7 VanillaAir_UK, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    Having key card on me saved me from inconvenience on quite a few occasions - some probably user error (like sitting in car too long, then trying to start without walking away far enough, according to Tesla) but one recently didn't want to budge without the key card and I suspect leave me stranded (underground car park, car on charge). Never had a problem until 2019.36.2.3, now they are pretty frequent.