Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone key - wrong profile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. If so, please politely let me know. On our 2023 Tesla Model 3, I have set up my and my wife's iPhones and linked them to our profiles. She's short, so her Easy Entry settings were not easy for me, so I removed Easy Entry from my profile, since my personal settings are sufficient for entry-exit. I also set my profile as primary. All seemed to be working perfectly, but recently I approached the car, which detected my phone and allowed me to open the door. My wife had driven it earlier, so it was left on Easy Entry. I assumed, incorrectly apparently, that since the car allowed me to open it, it would adjust to my profile, which it did not. Then I thought, okay, it needs to detect the brake pedal depressed, which I did. Then I almost got crushed as it adjusted to my wife's profile. What have I done wrong, or is it the car that's not working as it should?

Maybe I've made a beginner's mistake, something stupid. If so, steer me in the right direction. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. (By the way, when are we going to get Summon, Smart Summon and Autopark back? And why does Tesla not inform buyers that these features have been removed pending updated Vision software?)