Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Mount for Model S Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reached out to ProClip and they are developing their Model S refresh mount, but didn’t have an ETA yet. I always use ProClip so not sure what I’m going to do. Hopefully others have some ideas. That spot under the console is useless and dangerous.

Check out the Airvue by Kenu
Thanks, I just ordered one as well. I was a proclip user for many years, and every time I buy a new one for another car/phone I feel like there should be something better/cheaper out there. Last few always block pretty critical air vents and it seems like there should be better alternatives. Looking forward to checking this out if/when I get it.

Reactions: M3LA
So Kenu finally said they shipped my mount after a month and USPS says they delivered it, but not true. Nowhere to be found. Sent Kenu a message but no response. Great.

Anyone come up with anything better that isn't vaporware?

Here is what I use. I don't have a photo handy and not near the car. Works great with the MagSafe iPhone and supported cases. I stuck it to the left side of the main display. I can orient my phone vertically or horizontally with no issues just by extending it a bit. I've had it for 7 months so far and very happy with it. Even with hard launches, I've never lost the phone.

I put the phone in so that the bottom part rests on top of the display. It doesn't block my view and still in my line of sight. Works great for Waze/Google Maps, etc. I routed the power cord from inside the console along the dash to the mount. It isn't the cleanest but it has the advantage of easily pulling out the USB-C end from the mount and plugging into my PC was needed rather than having another cord dangling around.

Even on 110F+ outside temps, and high temps inside the car in a Texas, the adhesive never let go. Soon will be testing it in freezing temps but love the mount so far.

Would love to see a picture of your setup. Does it cause an issue for Model S refresh where the screen can pivot? I would think that you cannot mount it on the left or right since it pivots all the way. The only safe spot would be to mount on the top...

I am going to get my Model S LR in Dec 2022 and want to find a good iphone mount. Anyone that has suggestion please post with picture of setup for new Model S. Thanks

Mine is the refreshed one (2022 model), but just before the pivoting screen. I honestly can't see a lot of value in the pivoting screen though some may do. The screen in the stock location works great for me and one less thing to break.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

I got this one. Set up on top right corner. Out of the way. Aesthetic. And chargers the phone. I have it plugging into back seat c usb and did my best to hide the wire up front. On the 2021 refresh S, I can’t tuck it under/along the center console as directed. Deftly taped (black interior for now). But I like it a lot the last couple months of use. Amazon or from them direct. Doesn’t mention S but I have seen S mentioned somewhere. Works perfectly in my S. Aside of the wire tucking…suppose I could get a 2 ft C on C usb and use the front port but it works fine as is.

Last edited:
I installed the Pro-Clip mount with the Fold 2 holder. It is pricy for a phone mount, but this is the only mount that has a very clean look.

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0939.JPG
IMG_0938.JPG

Reactions: doodlewalker
Will this phone holder create any damages on the surface of the dashboard?
They include a trim separation tool with the mount.
And when using it to pry open the trim to insert the mount there is a potential for it if you are not careful. But once installed it fits into the trim gap securely. You could always add some soft tape on the back and the clips, which is something I plan to do.

Also, if you check the photos the way the mount attaches, it creates a very small gap/opening with the mount installed.