Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Mount - Model S Refresh

sdorn

Director of Awesome
Supporting Member
Oct 9, 2016
Georgia
So my go to phone mount has been ProClip for the past 7 - 8 years, but it looks like they haven't released anything for the Model S refresh yet. My EDD is still a ways off, but want to have a good phone mount solution ready to go. Phone has to be at eye level and mounted securely, which is what ProClip usually excels at providing. What are others using?

For reference, here is the ProClip mount for the prior Model S. Note this is just the car mount portion, you also need the phone specific phone mount to go with it.

854921-4-45078637-1200_1200.jpg

Reactions: impastu

headcase

Jan 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
On my existing Model S, I've been using a simple magnetic mount in a similar area to your pic and looking to keep it in a similar area with my Plaid.

In the refresh S, the upper backside of the center screen is flat, so I'm planning to suction mount a MagSafe charger to the left of the screen, with the power cord tucked & hidden somewhere TBD in the dash. Or I may use something lower profile instead of a suction mount, like a small piece of extruding plastic or metal adhered to the back of the screen via double-sided 3M tape.

Reactions: sdorn and impastu

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC