Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Mount - Model S Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sdorn

Director of Awesome
Supporting Member
Oct 9, 2016
Georgia
So my go to phone mount has been ProClip for the past 7 - 8 years, but it looks like they haven't released anything for the Model S refresh yet. My EDD is still a ways off, but want to have a good phone mount solution ready to go. Phone has to be at eye level and mounted securely, which is what ProClip usually excels at providing. What are others using?

For reference, here is the ProClip mount for the prior Model S. Note this is just the car mount portion, you also need the phone specific phone mount to go with it.

854921-4-45078637-1200_1200.jpg

Reactions: impastu
On my existing Model S, I've been using a simple magnetic mount in a similar area to your pic and looking to keep it in a similar area with my Plaid.

In the refresh S, the upper backside of the center screen is flat, so I'm planning to suction mount a MagSafe charger to the left of the screen, with the power cord tucked & hidden somewhere TBD in the dash. Or I may use something lower profile instead of a suction mount, like a small piece of extruding plastic or metal adhered to the back of the screen via double-sided 3M tape.

Reactions: sdorn and impastu
Necro'ing this. Thanks for the ProClip tip. It looks like they made one for the refreshed Model S. I am getting my front windshield tinted. I'm concerned my trusty old insanely-sticky iOttie windshield mount will peel off the tint. Will be trying the ProClip.

For anyone that sees this I just installed a Course Motorsport MagSafe hardmount phone dock. I hardwired it with a ProClip T Tap USB adapter to the cacnon plug near the passengers foot. I have included photos and links to the whole setup. It was super easy and it works great.

Mount

USB port hardwire

How I wired it

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg