Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Mount Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very happy with this for $15. Magnet holding iphone 12P (not max) perfectly even thru very bumpy roads.

1645381739691.jpeg

Reactions: Techlead
I’m looking for a console mount, not a cup holder mount. I had a great one for my Volvo XC90 from pro clip but they do not have one for Tesla. I have cobbled one together from Parts from pro clip but it’s not perfect

Considering the Model Y comes with a wireless charger and navigation on the screen, why do you guys want a phone mount? For video calls while you drive?

My reasoning is "avoid highway mode". Teslas navi doesnt offer it. Here in Rhode Island / New England, there isnt a need to hit the highway every 10 minutes. Back roads can be just as fast, safer, and less time in fact.

I used it for that solely.

Considering the Model Y comes with a wireless charger and navigation on the screen, why do you guys want a phone mount? For video calls while you drive?

I've only had my Tesla for 3 days and my 3rd time navigation with Tesla Nav took me through a +10min detour to a supercharger(compared to Waze, Google, Apple routes). I already don't trust it all that much and will probably continue comparing Tesla Nav to Google Map routes until I gain some confidence.

Imagine if I had 1% battery or 99% full colon, it'd be a very stressful time on Tesla Nav lol.

• Funny
Reactions: AZTech
I've seen this one and actually like the design best. Does the wire just dangle? Jowua just came out with one that comes with a cable long enough to be ran through the upholstery seams to connect all the way to the back USB-C port without being seen. Really nice if you're trying to keep the minimalist look.
The video on-site shows the cable is routed to the center console and then using an included 12v to USB-C lighter adapter you plug it in there. I'm not sure it would reach all the way to the back USB connectors.

Reactions: Hank Hill