Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Mount Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MagBak is the best one.
ahhh I see. I found this video on it, this one is my top pick now i think.

so nice that you can still close the compartment fully too
@JPhotography and @Hank Hill, are you both using the MagBak? If so, how do you like it? I love the sleek aesthetic and want to try it but it sucks how the speedometer is blocked in landscape orientation.

I don’t even care about the MagSafe charging and don’t plan to plug in the MagBak anyways. Too bad they don’t make a cheaper non-charging option. After 16 months my iPhone 12 Pro Max battery health is already down to 89% and I believe it’s due to overheating from wireless charging sessions. I am downsizing to an iPhone 13 Pro and don’t want to use wireless charging anymore. Besides, wired charging is so much faster. I just want a solid and secure MagSafe mount and have seen the Spigen and Jowua designs but am more drawn to the pricey MagBak.

Anyone found a good phone mount for a galaxy fold? I would like to have it in the open form rather than closed, but haven't found anything good that would hold the fold while open.

Thanks
That’s gonna be tough for the Fold. I was playing with it in the store and would imagine the clamping force of a holder may cause the Fold to fold in and close. Have you looked into tablet mounts?

That’s gonna be tough for the Fold. I was playing with it in the store and would imagine the clamping force of a holder may cause the Fold to fold in and close. Have you looked into tablet mounts?
is there a good tablet mount for the model Y? I've purchased one that faces the rear seat for my 2 year old, but haven't found one for the front of the car. I have a really good electric one that I was using on my cayenne, but really wanted to use something that fits flush in the air vents of the model y (and something that wont crush it with the clasps)

I mounted an adhesive RAM ball to the back of the display, and used a short arm and QuadLock’s wireless charging combined with a QuadLock case for my iPhone 12 Pro Max:

52114477973_679c330a30_z.jpg

I find this positioning ideal.

Reactions: Ed Moore
My family has an assortment of phones that dont have magsafe or have bulky wallets attached. Can anyone recommend a cradle type holder that looks good with the white interior (not jowuah wood-looking). Wireless charging would be a nice-to-have.

@JPhotography and @Hank Hill, are you both using the MagBak? If so, how do you like it? I love the sleek aesthetic and want to try it but it sucks how the speedometer is blocked in landscape orientation.

I don’t even care about the MagSafe charging and don’t plan to plug in the MagBak anyways. Too bad they don’t make a cheaper non-charging option. After 16 months my iPhone 12 Pro Max battery health is already down to 89% and I believe it’s due to overheating from wireless charging sessions. I am downsizing to an iPhone 13 Pro and don’t want to use wireless charging anymore. Besides, wired charging is so much faster. I just want a solid and secure MagSafe mount and have seen the Spigen and Jowua designs but am more drawn to the pricey MagBak.
Honestly I was really adamant about getting a mount when I first picked up my Y, but since then I have kind of forgotten about it. The system GPS works great and I'm missing the phone access a lot less than I thought I would. I think it might be due to just having a more enjoyable car to drive. I think I'll get the MagBak when I feel the need to upgrade to a MagSafe iPhone (still on an 11 pro max), but for now I'm good with the minimalism on my dash.

I will say though, if they ever get Spotify right (one of my few but BIGGEST pet peeves about the car), I probably will delay the phone mount indefinitely. Spotify is SO unreliable that it's just much easier to just use the bluetooth connection to my phone. I still can't believe that the company that made all of this amazing tech can't get a music player right and removed the "Repeat" button for some unknown reason.

Reviving this thread to avoid a new one:

I'm getting ready to drop Premium Connectivity and will be needing to use my phone a bit more. I'm android, so no mag-safe. I'd like to keep the phone fairly close, like right over the sliding door between the cupholders and screen. I have magnet mounts in my other cars, so I am going with that. I wish the charging pad was about 6" closer.

This one would mount to the back of the screen and come out underneath right over the sliding door (in theory).
1674529628712.png

Or worse-case, I lose a cupholder.
1674529593983.png

Thoughts or recommendations?

My only thought is try to mount the phone as high as practicable. See my RAM solution a few posts back.

It may seem minor, but the more you have to look down to see your phone, the less you can keep traffic in sight, if only peripherally. I find I more relaxing, and safer, to be able to keep my head and eyes up when needing to futz with my phone. And on a bumpy road, it makes it easier to hook my fingers over the display for stability and to use my thumb to select things on the screen.

Reactions: Noflash