Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Mounts in the Model 3;

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed a Proclip mount. It's as great as all the Proclip mounts I've had over the last decade or so. It's great that in most cases when I changed cars I only had to replace the specific car mount for $30 and move the holder to the new mount.

One issue though with using iPhones in Teslas (with no CarPlay!): I cannot find a way to disable auto lock when using Apple Music (while charging or while connected to Bluetooth?) I do not think such setting exists. I think that Google Maps or Waze in the foreground disable auto lock but if the phone is simply in the holder/Apple Music is in the foreground it auto locks. Bummer.

PS - My phone does not have a "never auto-lock" option under Setting->Display and Brightness, possibly due to corporate policy.

This is what I did in my car
20201017_124918.jpg

Reactions: Nichigo and KenC
I bought the Brodie Proclip and it’s great. No damage to the car with screws or glue and it allows my iPhone to sit below the centre point of the steering wheel. You buy 2 items; the Proclip which fits the car and the holder to suit your phone size. They screw together with a couple of small supplied screws. I bought this mainly because I like to use Waze for navigation alongside the Tesla Nav.
ProClip Tesla 3 2020 855497 | Brodit

Would love to try this one out (on my Model Y), but I put a cover over the wood grain, so it probably wouldn’t work. I ordered a similar one by TEMAI that looks great, but the dashboard cover messes up the fit.

iGoSmart-Pro if you want the best smartphone holder. They have 3 kinds of the,. The magnetic sun Visor mount one is good for calls as it places the smartphone right in front of your mouth with microphone directly in front of your mouth for handsfree use. The suction cup pad is very good if you want the best.

I'm going to modify my radar mount which slides onto the Model 3 dash to hold my phone. I tried using velcro on the back of the touch screen but it gets too hot there.
I bought it on line from evsmartparts.com If it works I'll buy another one, one for the phone and one for the radar detector.

I'm going to modify my radar mount which slides onto the Model 3 dash to hold my phone. I tried using velcro on the back of the touch screen but it gets too hot there.
I bought it on line from evsmartparts.com If it works I'll buy another one, one for the phone and one for the radar detector.
How hot does it get? This should work with suction cup pad mount. I didn't have any heat issues with mine on windshield in California under the sun unless you are in Vegas or Arizona and park it under direct sunlight all day long throughout the sun. If you have a small light tint on windshield that should cool things down quite a bit as well.