Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"phone number is not valid" in order screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to complete my Model 3 order, and when I enter a phone number for my insurance agent and try to save it, I get the message "phone number is not valid". I have tried several different formats for the phone number, including numbers only, numbers and spaces, numbers and spaces with a dash, with parens, etc. Nothing works. Anybody have an idea?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 6.34.15 PM.png

Thanks for the suggestions, though I have to admit I think I had tried every one before. What ended up working for me was all numbers, no dashes, spaces, or letters, and no leading 1. However, it didn't work on the first try. In frustration, I tried entering my own phone number -- and that worked. Then I entered my agent's number as explained, and that worked too! There is a bug in this code...

• Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire
Thanks for the suggestions, though I have to admit I think I had tried every one before. What ended up working for me was all numbers, no dashes, spaces, or letters, and no leading 1. However, it didn't work on the first try. In frustration, I tried entering my own phone number -- and that worked. Then I entered my agent's number as explained, and that worked too! There is a bug in this code...
Yup, you nailed it. Bug in the code for sure.