Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone: person I call cannot hear me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had people complain too. In the past but now not so much... I think one commonality that could come into play is the pano roof noise.. One thing I recommend doing to really figure it out is dial 914-338-8802 and the select option 4. This will allow you to easily test yourself talking at various speeds and with pano/windows cracked, etc.. Much easier than a ton of voicemails

Telecom Toolkit

Interesting. I'll try it out.

If you are getting complaints that it sounds like you're driving with the windows down ....

Contact your SC and request new microphones ...... that solved my problem by 90%.

And, it takes about 30 seconds to replace.

That's pretty much what the complaints were. I got a couple "close your windows" and one "are you driving through a tunnel or something?" My windows and roof were, of course, closed. One time I wasn't even moving, just sitting in a parking lot.

I'll have it checked out next time I'm in. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

I've had people complain too. In the past but now not so much... I think one commonality that could come into play is the pano roof noise.. One thing I recommend doing to really figure it out is dial 914-338-8802 and the select option 4. This will allow you to easily test yourself talking at various speeds and with pano/windows cracked, etc.. Much easier than a ton of voicemails

Telecom Toolkit

Thanks for this suggestion. I did go back to the car to try it, and it truly sounds abysmal. Sitting still it's echoey and distorted, and once you start moving it gets worse. By 35mph I was barely able to make out my words. It DID sound like I was trapped at the end of a long tunnel.

The car goes in for some other issue tomorrow and they said they'd add this one. Hopefully they can fix it.

If you are getting complaints that it sounds like you're driving with the windows down ....

Contact your SC and request new microphones ...... that solved my problem by 90%.

And, it takes about 30 seconds to replace.

I got a loaner car and tried the above process with it... and you're right, it does seem about 90% (but not 100%) better. It doesn't have any of the audio drop-outs or garbled audio, but it does still have quite a bit of road noise. Tesla's so far been unable to reproduce my issue, but they're still trying. I told them to get it up to speed and try it then, so we'll see. It seems to be mostly working now when stopped, of course. I think this car is hell-bent on making me look like an idiot. :confused: Every time I take it in all its problems go away.