Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone sound quality...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mark_T

Nov 1, 2017
UK
I'm being told that my voice quality when using my iPhone in the car is poor...

... variously described as sounding 'a little robotic' to 'underwater' to 'electrical interference'...

Incoming sound quality is perfect so I'm suspecting an issue with the microphone or the noise filtering algorithm.

Searching older threads gives a mixed bag of similar issues but most are quite old, so how is everyone's current experience?

Are they all a bit poor on the background noise filtering or is it just mine?

Nope, no watch.

There was an iPad in the car at the time and I will try turning that off, but it has never been an issue in any other car I've owned and since the sound distortion seems to go away when the car is stationary I'm still thinking it is a car problem rather than any other device related.

Main reason for posting though was to check if everyone has issues or not, and it sounds like the answer is 'not'....

My listeners say I am very quiet and I use an iPhone. I sometimes have an Apple Watch but not noticed a difference without one. I too hear the other person crisp and clear but seems to be an issue my end :-(

Might be interference from your ipad or another bluetooth device? did you try a full 2 button reset with the foot on the pedal? I would also try to delete your phone and resync it. Mine has been crystal clear to date to the point that everyone can listen to your conversation on the street!

Sound quality in the car is perfect, no issues there, it is the sound the remote caller is hearing that is poor.

I will try turning off the iPad, but as I mentioned above, since the quality seems fine when stationary but poor when moving, it doesn't seem likely to be another device causing the problem.

A reset is an easy check as is re-pairing, I'll see how that goes.