Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

phone sound quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a model 3 for 2 years and rarely had anyone complain on the other end about the sound quality when making phone calls. However, now everyone tells me that their voice is echoing back at them when they talk. They say it's almost unusable so I have to disconnect bluetooth in order to continue the call. Has anyone else had this experience? Should I schedule a service call with Tesla?

Ive had that same complaint numerous times. Ive never mentioned it to the service department as I have a host of other issues to fix first, lol. Ive tried adjusting the volume on the phone but it didn’t seem to help. I have an IPhone 11 for reference.

This happens to me too. I haven’t tested this solve yet, but one time it was happening I looked down and saw my phone lite up. I pressed the button to put it to sleep and that seemed to help. It was like the phone’s mic was picking up the sound as well as the Bluetooth. I’ll have to try it again with a bit more of a test plan.

I have a different issue with my iPhone on Bluetooth. When I receive a call, it starts out fine, but at some point the volume on the incoming voice goes so low I can hardly hear the person. At first I though this was a cellular issue, but it happens every call. Any ideas?

When I make a call or receive a call in my new MY, the phone quality on my end (in the car) is excellent...clear, crisp and clear. BUT, everyone to date complains that I sound horrible...tinny, muted and sometimes with a echo. I have an iPhone 12 btw. It's so bad, my spouse will not talk to me whilst driving. A win on that one? LOL

• Funny
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Interesting. Now that my better half has started going back to the office some of the time and using our MY for her commute, I have had probably a half-dozen calls where she's in the car driving and I'm working from home. I have to say, I have been pleasantly surprised in each of those calls just how clean and clear her voice is, without any need for her to shout. I'm surprised to hear people are having the opposite experience. If it helps, she's using an aging Samsung Galaxy S8.

• Love
Reactions: Deutsch100