Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone text message UI removes active phone call screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have SW version 2019.40.50.7 that allows my Android phone to send and receive text messages through the TM3 screen. The problem is that when I was on the phone leaving a voice mail to someone, a text message came in and the text message screen popped up in front of the active phone call screen. When I wanted to hang up the phone call, I couldn't find a place on the screen to do so. When the text message screen disappeared, the phone screen was gone also. I hit the phone icon to bring up the phone menu, but it didn't indicate there was an active call. How do you end a phone call if the active phone call screen is not visible?

I left one very long and funny voicemail :)

I have SW version 2019.40.50.7 that allows my Android phone to send and receive text messages through the TM3 screen. The problem is that when I was on the phone leaving a voice mail to someone, a text message came in and the text message screen popped up in front of the active phone call screen. When I wanted to hang up the phone call, I couldn't find a place on the screen to do so. When the text message screen disappeared, the phone screen was gone also. I hit the phone icon to bring up the phone menu, but it didn't indicate there was an active call. How do you end a phone call if the active phone call screen is not visible?

I left one very long and funny voicemail :)

I had the same issue today, except I didn't get a text message, the active phone call screen wasn't there. I ended up having to get the phone out my pocket to stop the call. Not a safe feature when driving.

Everything works fine if the call is answered, the problem comes when no-one answers there call.