Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Voice Commands

Midnightsun

Nov 29, 2020
Canada
Use to be I could say "call Joe mobile" and it would call the cell phone of Joe like it should do and the way siri works also. Now I get, Joe and then a list of mobile, work or home which I need to choose from.

The only number I can call without further intervention is if that person has only 1 number in my contact list such as when I ask it to call Jane who only has a cell phone, it dials it out immediately

When the car was new it worked fine but it has been a good 4+ months that it no longer works like it should. Thought an eventual update would correct this but it's been quite some time

Point is UI should be able to say "Call joe work and it should dial the work number without further intervention.

Are others seeing the same or is there a setting or is it just the way it is.

Reactions: MikeR99 and Krock65

srlawren

Aug 3, 2020
Vancouver, BC, Canada, Eh?
Are others seeing the same or is there a setting or is it just the way it is.

@Midnightsun you are not alone. I don't do a lot of calling in general and have only tried a few times since we took delivery about 4.5 months ago, but each time it has given me a list of numbers to tap on despite me specifying in the voice command. I didn't know that it has previously worked the way you described it having worked in the past. I wish it did again now.

Reactions: MikeR99 and Krock65

Krock65

Supporting Member
Nov 21, 2020
Ridgecrest, CA
This drives me absolutely nuts! Siri, Alexa, Google, literally every device out there works the way @Midnightsun describes. Now that I know that it used to work, I'm even more amazed. Please, Tesla, fix this!!!!

Reactions: MikeR99

Midnightsun

Nov 29, 2020
Canada
It gets even worse! I ask it to call John Doe Mobile, problem is John has a bunch of family members so I end up with a list of all the brothers and sisters and all have work, mobile or home to choose from. Worst part is John is the last person on the list and I have to scroll down to see it.

I used John Doe as an example but in real life it is my wife's name and all her family members and yes my wife is the last one on the list. This is what they call bleeding edge tech??? We are getting close to a year with this crap, way overdue for a fix!

Reactions: Krock65

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC