Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Volume am I Doing it Wrong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an iPhone XS if I am listening to music notification sounds are normal but if I pause the music it goes full volume. It seems that the volume on the car controls the phone on phone up down. All of my previous cars would just have the phone volume max and the volume of the car would be whatever you set it at and never had an issue. Is this a problem for anyone else?

I have an iPhone XS if I am listening to music notification sounds are normal but if I pause the music it goes full volume. It seems that the volume on the car controls the phone on phone up down. All of my previous cars would just have the phone volume max and the volume of the car would be whatever you set it at and never had an issue. Is this a problem for anyone else?

I believe in a previous update, Tesla (at least for IOS) has the Car and Phone bluetooth volumes linked, so turning the volume up / down on the Tesla increases and decreases the bluetooth volume on the iphone. (and vice-versa).

I have a bigger issue in that I have to have the volume turned all the way up when on a phone call, it is so quiet.

Reactions: laservet
I have had the same up and down volume issue as the OP, and I shall try the change to the Attention Aware Feature to see if that helps.

Of course a couple of days ago, my phone would not connect either for the phone or the Echo Auto connection for my music, though the phone said that the Bluetooth connection to the car was working.