Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen this discussed anywhere else, so I'm wondering if maybe one someone else has seen it and can help. I quite often am on the phone when I get in the car leaving from home or as I'm arriving at home. I do have the Homelink set to Auto open the garage and that works fine. However, the Homelink display overlays the phone controls. So I can't hang up the phone (which is typically what I do on either a short, "just ending" call when I get in the car or when I am ending the call before parking and walking in to my house) on the Tesla display. So I have to pull out my phone and punch the hang up button or else rely on the other party to hang up. A minor annoyance, but I'd like to have the phone controls available until I terminate the call. I haven't found any way to actually remove (or just move) the Homelink interface once it appears on the screen as I'm arriving. Any ideas? Model Y, SW version 2021.44.30.5.

Haven't seen this discussed anywhere else, so I'm wondering if maybe one someone else has seen it and can help. I quite often am on the phone when I get in the car leaving from home or as I'm arriving at home. I do have the Homelink set to Auto open the garage and that works fine. However, the Homelink display overlays the phone controls. So I can't hang up the phone (which is typically what I do on either a short, "just ending" call when I get in the car or when I am ending the call before parking and walking in to my house) on the Tesla display. So I have to pull out my phone and punch the hang up button or else rely on the other party to hang up. A minor annoyance, but I'd like to have the phone controls available until I terminate the call. I haven't found any way to actually remove (or just move) the Homelink interface once it appears on the screen as I'm arriving. Any ideas? Model Y, SW version 2021.44.30.5.
This was bugging me as well. Finally figured out last night that the notifications in the lower left of the screen such as for Homelink, seatbelt reminder, and phone controls actually stack on top of each other. So if you are on the phone and Homelink notification pops up and covers phone controls, simply swipe it downward and you'll see your phone controls again.

Upvote 0
I have a similar problem. My driveway is on the left as I come home. If I put on my indicator for the driveway, the blind-spot camera comes up and I can no longer hit the button to open my garage. Things like this should never overlap each other. I should probably turn off the blind spot camera as, honestly, it's really useless and I don't think I've ever looked at it when making a turn.

Reactions: sleepydoc
Upvote 0