Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phonekey deactivated unexpectedly this morning??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Approached MY this morning with iPhone X and it did not open. Screen said to use keycard. Looked at the app seeing that iPhone X was deactivated. However, I was able to unlock the car via Tesla app on that same iPhone X. The "Locks" panel on the Tesla showed both my wife's iPhone 8+ and my X along with 2 keycards. But I could not activate the X on the Tesla screen. Back on the app I was able to find a suggestion to cycle the iPhone's Bluetooth off/on. That worked.

I don't believe there were any software updates to MY, Tesla app, nor iPhone since last using the iPhone key yesterday. Can't think of any reason my phone key was deactivated.

Anyone have any insights of why my iPhone was deactivated?

I've had this happen twice (interestingly enough at the same location, not at home). First time, I was slightly panicked - then I remembered I had my key card in my wallet, but never having used the key card, I held it up to the wrong spot on the pillar and it didn't work either. I then used the same phone that wouldn't unlock by bluetooth, to unlock by app.

I think there are just random bluetooth issues. I didn't think through the issue to troubleshoot it patiently as I had a package in my hand at the time. Next time, I'll turn off BT and back on or restart the phone.

Reactions: BobG1