Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photo sizes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a setting I can modify on here that will resize posted photos to something that comes close to fitting on my screen and doesn't take forever to load? Not all of us has 50meg down speeds or a 42" monitor. I know I can right-click and select "view image", but a setting to fit a 1.7 meg, 3,264px × 2,448px picture to a viewable size would be appreciated. The other option would be to request posters to resize their pictures to a reasonable size. That's what I do whenever I post to a forum. I usually go with 1024 (or 1280 at the widest). This lets most of the picture be seen and keeps the bandwidth down.

If it's posted as an inline image, rather than a simple attachment, it will be scaled to fit your screen. But I believe this scaling happens on the client side, so it only solves one of your problems, and it depends on the the poster to do something in a particular way.

If it's posted as an inline image, rather than a simple attachment, it will be scaled to fit your screen. But I believe this scaling happens on the client side, so it only solves one of your problems, and it depends on the the poster to do something in a particular way.

If you mean that they "hotlink", or use another site's URL when they make a picture post rather than uploading their own pictures themselves, I can't say it it scales or not. The ones I'm talking about are the inline ones that show up when you read the post, not ones where you click on something that says "open attachment".

This post is an example of what I'm talking about. I'm not picking on the poster either, because I see it from many users. His is just the first one that came to mind. If you right click on the picture and select "view image", it will rescale the picture to fit your screen. Just reading and scrolling the post, it doesn't.

I've seen some forum boards that automatically limit the display size of the pictures no matter how big the original one was. Some of those are optional or let you globally select the size you want to see on your screen. Whether they just modify the display size, or automatically resize the pictures as they are uploaded, I have no idea. It's also possible that there is a setting in my browser (Firefox Nightly) that will do it. I know Opera has one (fit to width), but it's the only one that I know of.

Last edited:
No, you can upload, and have it scaled. Here's an example:

model-s-photo-gallery-01.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I used the "insert image" button. Via the attachments interface, it by default shows it unscaled at the bottom of your message. There's a little button at the bottom to inline the images, but if you don't use it, it looks like this:

Attachments

• model-s-photo-gallery-02.jpg
    model-s-photo-gallery-02.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 122