Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos: Grey Next Gen seats + Carbon Fiber + Black Alcantara + Premium Front Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IM SOOOO JEALOUS!!! I think sometimes that I shouldn't have gone for the all black interior.....but thankfully my wife ordered the grey next gen. seats in her car just the interior especially with the black alcantara headliner, and the carbon fiber trim just makes it MORE BEAUTIFUL:oops:

what are other experiences after half year usage?
what are the wear signs on this grey next gen seats?

after just afew months i see mine not evenly clean and it seems quickly show lines/wear lines.

My wife's seats are also showing strong wear lines too! My Black nxt gen. seats are also doing the same thing just a little worse thought but I can live with it!

what are other experiences after half year usage?
what are the wear signs on this grey next gen seats?

after just afew months i see mine not evenly clean and it seems quickly show lines/wear lines.
My S90D is just over a year old. Only minor creases as I would expect in a natural leather product, mostly on the side bolster that my rear end tends to hit as I slide and in out -- really not a lot different than I've experienced in my former Lexus, BMW and MBZ. Most of the actual wear is where the seat belt rubbed on the side bolster of my driver's seat, and on the piece at elbow-height that sticks out from the B-pillar -- from the first several weeks of ownership until I figured out what the issue was and began repositioning my seat getting in and out of my MS so those areas are not rubbed as much.

I am rather fanatical about wiping my seats (and dash) down with a clean and lightly damp rag every time I wash my MS (every week or two) to help hydrate the leather. I also clean off blue jean transfer and any dirt, especially from the side of the lower seat bolster and provide a general conditioning to the leather (Zaino or Leather Masters) every few weeks, just as I have with my former vehicles. In other words, I try to take care of the leather seats best I can and without a lot of hassle. The leather is after all a natural product just like our skin, so I've found a little simple maintenance helps keep my seats and other interior surfaces in better shape, compared to some other owners that may elect not to take that extra effort.

My S90D is just over a year old. Only minor creases as I would expect in a natural leather product, mostly on the side bolster that my rear end tends to hit as I slide and in out -- really not a lot different than I've experienced in my former Lexus, BMW and MBZ. Most of the actual wear is where the seat belt rubbed on the side bolster of my driver's seat, and on the piece at elbow-height that sticks out from the B-pillar -- from the first several weeks of ownership until I figured out what the issue was and began repositioning my seat getting in and out of my MS so those areas are not rubbed as much.

I am rather fanatical about wiping my seats (and dash) down with a clean and lightly damp rag every time I wash my MS (every week or two) to help hydrate the leather. I also clean off blue jean transfer and any dirt, especially from the side of the lower seat bolster and provide a general conditioning to the leather (Zaino or Leather Masters) every few weeks, just as I have with my former vehicles. In other words, I try to take care of the leather seats best I can and without a lot of hassle. The leather is after all a natural product just like our skin, so I've found a little simple maintenance helps keep my seats and other interior surfaces in better shape, compared to some other owners that may elect not to take that extra effort.

Almost exactly 1 year has passed since taking delivery of my 70D (and posting the original photos at top of this thread). The grey seats still look great, I have basically same positive experience as posted above by @BertL - only some minor creases on left side bolster and perhaps a couple very subtle creases under where my left leg contacts the front L of the seat. No discolouring or other marks. Overall, nothing I wouldn't expect with leather, and similar to previous experience in my previous Audi's leather (which held up fine after 14yrs).

After reading some of Bert's recommendations in another thread somewhere, I recently started to wipe the leather periodically with a slightly damp microfiber cloth (thx for the tip!). Have not yet used any leather conditioner or cleaner (we don't seem to have the recommended brands available locally), but I may look into such in future. Absolutely no regrets choosing the grey next gen seats, I would do so again (apparent upcoming discontinuation of the grey notwithstanding)