Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos: Grey Next Gen seats + Carbon Fiber + Black Alcantara + Premium Front Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd share some photos of the interior of my new Deep Blue Metallic 70D - with grey next generation leather seats, carbon fiber trim, premium lighting & interior with black alcantara headliner, pano roof and the Tesla premium front console. There are several views of the front console with the iPhone dock and storage area open and closed. Too bad it only comes in piano black (but I will be putting a carbon fiber wrap on the glossy lid shortly). The console really finishes off the interior, IMO.

I think this is a great interior colour combo with the deep blue exterior, if I may say so myself :)

Before configuring my car, I couldn't find many photos of this particular combination, especially with the console installed, so I hope anyone trying to decide may find these pictures useful.

DSC07328.JPG

DSC07324.JPG

DSC07312.JPG

DSC07313.JPG

DSC07339.JPG

DSC07318.JPG

DSC07320.JPG

DSC07314.JPG

DSC07315.JPG

DSC07330.JPG

DSC07331.JPG

DSC07333.JPG

DSC07334.JPG

DSC07335.JPG

OP, great photos and combination -- probably because your interior is identical to my 90D and I am super happy with it on my Pearl White MC. I'm just a little ahead of you, having already applied carbon fiber wrap to the center console flip cover -- easy to do, and while my wrap is a bit more glossy than the rest of the trim, it's an improvement and no one else notices the subtle difference except me. Enjoy that MS!

OP, great photos and combination -- probably because your interior is identical to my 90D and I am super happy with it on my Pearl White MC. I'm just a little ahead of you, having already applied carbon fiber wrap to the center console flip cover -- easy to do, and while my wrap is a bit more glossy than the rest of the trim, it's an improvement and no one else notices the subtle difference except me. Enjoy that MS!
Did you do the flip cover wrap yourself? If so any picts or tips?

Last edited:
thanks! Pearl White was my 2nd choice :)

Thanks for the pictures I'm going to order after the holidays and have been going back and forth between colors (deep blue or black) and interior design (tan w/carbon fiber and gray w/carbon fiber) the black headliner is a no Brainerd. Any chance you could post a couple of pictures with the door open or Windows down so we can see the body color/interior contrast? You're looking good!

I found photos and DIY instructions to wrap the cover here, I think the original instructions were posted in one or more threads on TMC as well - maybe same instructions that BertL already used. Waiting for my order of the wrap to arrive before applying.

FYI while we're talking about the console, I already did a simple mod (described in another thread) to make the dock connector better fit my iPhone with case. Worth bookmarking that thread if you have a phone in a case.

Thanks for the pictures I'm going to order after the holidays and have been going back and forth between colors (deep blue or black) and interior design (tan w/carbon fiber and gray w/carbon fiber) the black headliner is a no Brainerd. Any chance you could post a couple of pictures with the door open or Windows down so we can see the body color/interior contrast? You're looking good!

you're welcome! glad the photos are useful to you. I meant to take some pics with the doors open so you can see the deep blue exterior with grey interior, but forgot! - will update here with some pics later...
in the meantime you can see a few pics I took earlier of my car's exterior in the main photos thread if you haven't been looking there.

Yes, did it myself. As mentioned, the wrap I found on Amazon for $6 (12"x60") does not have quite as wide of a carbon fiber pattern that the MS has, but IMHO what I have is a much closer match than leaving it piano black, and really will only be caught by the most discerning critic (see photo 1). I chose to apply the material on the console top only to the left/right edge to avoid clearance issues, and then over each end so it looks better when open (see photo 2). Measure the piano black console cover area, extending the length to make sure it's long enough on the wrap-around to the underside so it will adhere well -- mine has been on 2 months with no signs of coming off unless I pulled it off. Carefully cut with a straight edge (neat and tidy counts.) Take the backing part way off of one end, lay the sticky side down, and smooth out with a felt-over-plastic applicator to remove any bubbles while you apply the rest of the material and continue removing the backing. Done.

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

Gorgeous color combo!

My first BMW 325i in the early 90's had an almost identical color combo -- Montreal Blue and light grey sport leather interior.

If/when I upgrade to the next Model S, it might very well be this identical color combo, right down to the carbon fiber decor.

Looks fantastic! You and I have the exact same interior save for the carbon fiber (which I now wish I had gone with). I've been a big fan of the black headliner since it really adds nice contrast to your view out the window and looks awesome all around. I went with the center console too and I really like it.

Cheers!