Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos: Grey Next Gen seats + Carbon Fiber + Black Alcantara + Premium Front Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Beautiful interior! We currently offer a line of carbon fiber seat backs to help compliment the interior trim pieces.
beautiful! good thing for the wallet that those CF seat backs aren't available in My Tesla Design Studio :)

- - - Updated - - -

[...] Any chance you could post a couple of pictures with the door open or Windows down so we can see the body color/interior contrast? You're looking good!
well the weather's been miserable since I picked up my MS so haven't had too much chance to take some decent photos, but here's a few quick shots showing the grey interior along with the deep blue metallic exterior, hope these give you the general idea of the combo:

DSC07366.JPG

DSC07368.JPG

DSC07369.JPG

DSC07370.JPG

beautiful! good thing for the wallet that those CF seat backs aren't available in My Tesla Design Studio :)

- - - Updated - - -

well the weather's been miserable since I picked up my MS so haven't had too much chance to take some decent photos, but here's a few quick shots showing the grey interior along with the deep blue metallic exterior, hope these give you the general idea of the combo:

View attachment 103703

View attachment 103704

View attachment 103705

View attachment 103706
niiiiiccee! Thanks f-stop you've got a winning combo.

You sir, have great taste :biggrin:

I'm picking up mine this Friday, with exactly the same interior, only mine has a metallic black exterior.

I had doubts at first cuz all of my cars were black on black, now seeing some real life photos I think I've made a good decision.

OP, just noticed. My MS with the same interior color combo has black seat belt push buttons vs red that yours (and most others I've ever seen) do. You must have another of those unannounced engineering upgrades Tesla put in since my build a month earlier. :)
IMG_1193.jpg

OP, just noticed. My MS with the same interior color combo has black seat belt push buttons vs red that yours (and most others I've ever seen) do. You must have another of those unannounced engineering upgrades Tesla put in since my build a month earlier. :)
View attachment 104339
It's one of the minor differences between Canadian and American regulations, not a new design change.

Love the combination, it's what I would have ordered had I decided not to wait out the Model X.

It's one of the minor differences between Canadian and American regulations, not a new design change.
yes, correct, as timf said - it's one of the regulatory differences with Canadian cars.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great...how do you like the center console? I had debated it & decided to try life with the yacht floor for a while...not bad but your pics (I have the same interior) are really making me recoonsider.
I really like the centre console, IMO it's essential and should be standard especially given the lack of other interior storage/door pockets etc. not to mention poor placement of the existing cup holders, right where I want to put my elbow while driving. I thought about trying life without it as you said, but after 2 test drives, one car with and the other without the console installed, I decided I would just end up wanting to buy it later anyhow, so I ordered mine as soon as I ordered the car to make sure it was installed on delivery. I don't have a lot of stuff to store in it, but the car feels much less "finished" without it.

prior to ordering it, I was a bit worried how the console would look with the grey interior as I hadn't seen many photos of those together, but it turns out it goes very well with that and the CF + black alcantara combo. BTW, the CF yacht floor is still visible inside the console beneath the cup holders, so I think that makes the interior of the console look a bit nice too, even though you don't see the large expanse of yacht floor you'd have otherwise.

I love the blue exterior with gray leather. I have the same except with white headliner. I think I like the black better, but everyone who has seen mine has complimented the combination. I agree that the console is a must. I went without it for 2 months but then had to have it.

I really like the centre console, IMO it's essential and should be standard especially given the lack of other interior storage/door pockets etc. not to mention poor placement of the existing cup holders, right where I want to put my elbow while driving. I thought about trying life without it as you said, but after 2 test drives, one car with and the other without the console installed, I decided I would just end up wanting to buy it later anyhow, so I ordered mine as soon as I ordered the car to make sure it was installed on delivery. I don't have a lot of stuff to store in it, but the car feels much less "finished" without it.

prior to ordering it, I was a bit worried how the console would look with the grey interior as I hadn't seen many photos of those together, but it turns out it goes very well with that and the CF + black alcantara combo. BTW, the CF yacht floor is still visible inside the console beneath the cup holders, so I think that makes the interior of the console look a bit nice too, even though you don't see the large expanse of yacht floor you'd have otherwise.

Agree, seems to really work well with the black door trim. No cupholders in back wasn't an option so I got the rear console; I'm pretty happy with it though getting it in and out isn't trivial.

I thought the piano black on the sliding door would bother me but it looks OK - though BertL seems to have gotten one with carbon fiber, was kind of hoping they'd start offering that again.

... though BertL seems to have gotten one with carbon fiber, was kind of hoping they'd start offering that again.
:). No, I bought $5.99 of carbon fiber wrap from Amazon and spent about <30 mins of measurement, Xacto Knife work, application, and voila! ...but I agree, Tesla just needs to be more focused on providing this sort of detail -- they do with their optional rear console!

You sir, have great taste :biggrin:

I'm picking up mine this Friday, with exactly the same interior, only mine has a metallic black exterior.

I had doubts at first cuz all of my cars were black on black, now seeing some real life photos I think I've made a good decision.
obviously, you do too :)
i noticed the local Tesla Store today had a new red 90D on display with black leather and black headliner. Made the inside seem way too dark for my taste, and my previous two cars were all black interior. So happy with how the grey+CF+black turned out, the combo looks really sharp and feels "right" for a high-tech car

Beautiful car OP! I took delivery of mine last week with almost identical choices. Grey next-gen, carbon fiber, blue (although mine is wrapped..not Tesla's blue), black alcantara... I haven't gotten a console quite yet, still considering my options there!

:). No, I bought $5.99 of carbon fiber wrap from Amazon and spent about <30 mins of measurement, Xacto Knife work, application, and voila! ...but I agree, Tesla just needs to be more focused on providing this sort of detail -- they do with their optional rear console!

I bought this 3M CF wrap from Amazon, I saw someone else mention it some other thread - though it looks a bit different from yours. The weave of the CF pattern of the wrap is slightly wider than that of the OEM CF trim, and I'd say it's a little bit deeper black than the original. No time yet to install the wrap, meanwhile here are a couple pics of it for comparison.

BertL - from your post it sounds like you simply measured the lid, then cut/installed the wrap without disassembling the console, is that correct? as I think I mentioned earlier I have seen other instructions how to disassemble the console and take out the piano black lid for wrapping, but maybe that's not necessary

DSC07415.JPG

DSC07416.JPG

DSC07417.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: newtman
I bought this 3M CF wrap from Amazon, I saw someone else mention it some other thread - though it looks a bit different from yours. The weave of the CF pattern of the wrap is slightly wider than that of the OEM CF trim, and I'd say it's a little bit deeper black than the original. No time yet to install the wrap, meanwhile here are a couple pics of it for comparison.

BertL - from your post it sounds like you simply measured the lid, then cut/installed the wrap without disassembling the console, is that correct? as I think I mentioned earlier I have seen other instructions how to disassemble the console and take out the piano black lid for wrapping, but maybe that's not necessary

I wrote this up in a little more detail recently in another thread, but net is, I did no disassembly, nor did I have to remove the console. I'm a very detail guy and care a lot how things look, but IMHO, that just wasn't necessary. What was important was to measure left-To-right and get that measurement right so you don't cause a clearance problem as the lid opens and closes if it's too wide, or make it look bad if not wide enough when the lid is closed. Then, measure top to bottom, AND, include just enough extra so you can wrap around both ends so the wrap does not come off as easily if it ends on the curve (if you hopefully follow what I mean.) You'll see where the flat area from the top sort of ends as it wraps around to the underside. Fortunately the total amount of wrap you need is very small, so if you mess up, you can pull it off, cut another piece and try again.

I wrote this up in a little more detail recently in another thread, but net is, I did no disassembly, nor did I have to remove the console. I'm a very detail guy and care a lot how things look, but IMHO, that just wasn't necessary. What was important was to measure left-To-right and get that measurement right so you don't cause a clearance problem as the lid opens and closes if it's too wide, or make it look bad if not wide enough when the lid is closed. Then, measure top to bottom, AND, include just enough extra so you can wrap around both ends so the wrap does not come off as easily if it ends on the curve (if you hopefully follow what I mean.) You'll see where the flat area from the top sort of ends as it wraps around to the underside. Fortunately the total amount of wrap you need is very small, so if you mess up, you can pull it off, cut another piece and try again.
makes sense, got it. Thanks

Nice job on the 3M DINOC wrap--I used the same stuff on some areas inside my 911 to prevent scuffs & scrapes from normal wear & tear. Also, nice shots of the interior! I ordered my car this week with the same interior sight unseen & it looks great. I will also get the console pre-ordered & installed by my SC in ATL.

IMG_0483.jpg

just to followup on my own thread... I finally got around to wrapping my center console piano-black flip cover with the carbon fiber wrap which I mentioned a few posts above.

I decided to remove the console cover before wrapping it, to make it easier to apply the wrap first on the cover then trim and wrap around the edges precisely. I used the disassembly instructions described in this Teslarati article - it turned out that the disassembly was pretty straightforward.

The side panels seem like they're held on pretty tightly, but knowing where the spring clips are from the photos in that article made it fairly easy to give a few hard tugs at the appropriate spots, and the panels popped right off. I would say the hardest part of the disassembly was due to the fact there's very little side clearance between the seats and where you need to remove the screws holding the gears - not enough room to fit a screwdriver even with the seats all the way back. I used just the bit (1" Phillips #0) from an interchangable-bit screwdriver, as well as a small right-angle offset screwdriver. Unfortunately I dropped my Ph#0 bit during reassembly and lost it somewhere below a piece of plastic trim deep under the console/yacht floor, never to be found again! Oh well... anyhow, the procedure was overall successful otherwise.

Photos of the finished wrap below. as I mentioned earlier, the particular wrap I used is a bit deeper black than the Tesla CF trim, but it's close enough for this purpose and looks better than the otherwise mismatched shiny piano-black cover.

DSC07718.JPG
DSC07719.JPG
DSC07720.JPG
DSC07722.JPG
DSC07726.JPG