Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos - Ocean Blue 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped at Corte Madera today on my way home from work to look at that Ocean Blue 70D in person. Even though I have never owned a blue car, and have no plans to, I thought the color looks great! Now I want to see a Warm Silver car in person.
I took a bunch of real-life photos of an Ocean Blue 70D next to my (sadly dirty and dingy) Opulent Blue Cadillac. Even dirty, the Cadillac's shade is a more saturated blue. But the Ocean looks great!View attachment 77377

Nice comparison. The I do like the Blue Topaz Metallic a little better (at least, that's what they called that color when the Volt came in it,) but Ocean Blue holds up very well to it - just a slight shade darker.

It's also interesting to see the contrast between the hard edges of Cadillac's "Arts and Sciences" design language vs Tesla's sleek curves.
Walter

Excuse my cross posting here (posted this is the older Blue thread but saw this thread and figured it belonged here as well).

Saw an Ocean Blue 70D tonight at the Bellevue, WA store (actually were in the mall for other reasons stopped by the store to look at the new color samples and they told me they had a blue one downstairs so we swung by). This is still at night but in the relatively well lit parking area.

attachment.php?attachmentid=77629&d=1428730255.jpg

Loving that Blue. Have to see what else they come up with in the next year or so to decide, but that certainly makes for a pretty car. :)
Walter

Saghost, me too! Love the new blue. If you wanted dark blue or you liked the old blue, just order the black. It's about the same. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh. So torn. Was really hoping for something a little more like BMW's Montego Blue which looks a lot like what is on the homepage at tesla.com. But these pics look significantly darker than that. Kinda wish I had pulled the trigger on my Gray, Gray, Gray configuration before the wife saw this new blue.

DDarrow, why GRAY, GRAY, GRAY? That could be the most boring color configuration IMO! Really?

And I really don't mean any disrespect at all. I just can't imagine ordering that configuration - I believe this car needs to pop . . I was hoping for a burnt orange new color myself!

Agree on burnt orange or yellow canary or maybe lime green :)

That's an interesting point. With the P85D, Tesla is now drawing the "look at me, I'm the fastest car on the block" crowd to a much greater extent than ever before, and the only color they have now that's at all suitable to them is the MC Red.

Some of the traditional shocking Supercar colors like you mentioned are clearly in order to draw those people. I started to name colors, but realized you've pretty much covered them - though possibly a deep metallic purple would be an interesting addition as well.

Elon says the old blue is "not dead yet":

2015-04-11 14.20.32 (Small).png

I don't speak Thai, but I'm pretty sure the SLK in this video is wrapped in 3M 1080 gloss blue metallic, which I really like:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the Fremont factory for a tour and they had just gotten their ocean blue 70D moments before I arrived at the supercharger. Just had to share :)

Ooh nice! Thanks that is perfect. Just took delivery of my 85D but had I known this color was coming maybe would have waited. And that color with those wheels is precisely how I would configure one. Maybe my next Tesla haha!!

The new blue is nice. None of the pics shared look quite like the love shot on the website, though.
The two blues say completely different things to me. The original blue comes across as a more "classy" color and the lighter blue, more "sporty". Just my opinion of course, but nothing is prettier than a clean original blue model S. I have to admit, I am selfishly happy that it'll no longer be offered....I've got 4 or 5 dark blues (that I know of) in my town alone. It has to be one of the most popular colors in New England. Anyhow, my next one is either warm silver or (what the kids want) "Red Tesla's are sick dad!".

I still like my blue better :love:

Attachments

• 0402151841b.jpg
    0402151841b.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 1,772
  • 0402151842.jpg
    0402151842.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 1,992
  • 0402151841.jpg
    0402151841.jpg
    556.9 KB · Views: 1,739
  • 0402151845.jpg
    0402151845.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 1,735
  • 0402151841a.jpg
    0402151841a.jpg
    449 KB · Views: 1,697
  • Screenshot_2015-04-01-10-51-16-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-01-10-51-16-1.png
    380.3 KB · Views: 1,693
  • Screenshot_2015-04-01-10-51-25-1.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-01-10-51-25-1.png
    329.3 KB · Views: 1,695
Just saw it in person at the Vancouver store and then a nice lighter blue BMW pulls up in front of the store and I actually thought I would want the lighter blue, but I'm sold on it now. Its blue in virtually all lighting conditions. Love it.

New Deep Blue Color Spotted!

Drove to the Santana Row Tesla yesterday and already saw someone test driving the deep blue rr ?ocean blue? color.

Spoke to the rep about the new colors.

It's very subtle difference but he said they do look different under the sun.

1.jpg
2.jpg