Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos - Ocean Blue 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious about the name. What ocean looks that blue?

Perhaps way underwater?

South China Sea on a sunny midday. I remember it vividly from 40+ years ago and with the bonus of flying fish launching themselves out of the faces of 8-foot waves.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for posting your fine pictures. That blue looks wonderful in the diffuse light from sun behind clouds; probably lighter and more brilliant in full sun.

- - - Updated - - -

. . I was hoping for a burnt orange new color myself!

That may have to wait until Tesla can open stores in Texas. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I was at the Fremont factory for a tour and they had just gotten their ocean blue 70D moments before I arrived at the supercharger. Just had to share :)

Thank you for sharing those great pics. Now we have seen it in diffuse sun and full sun. Beautiful!

Stopped at the Decatur (Atlanta) store to supercharge each way of a weekend trip and got back to back pics of the blues in the sun and in the rain. More in the album here:

https://goo.gl/photos/1DxRZqXmHy1CDKoHA

20150529_150811.jpg
20150531_141448.jpg

Last edited:
I saw the new blue at the Vancouver Service Center a few weeks ago. The car was newly off the transporter, and still had some of the white plastic wrap on it, but I got a flavour. The day was overcast, and I was surprised how dark the colour looked, but clearly in bright sun it is much brighter than the old blue. Like the MC red, the new blue is a very "active" colour— the look changes a great deal in varying light.