Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos of blue Model S at Melo Park store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Photos of blue Model S at Menlo Park store

Visited the Menlo Park store again on Thursday and took a few snaps of the Blue performance used for test drives.

DSC_2322.JPG

[video]http://photos.imageevent.com/artsci/teslamodels/teslas/websize/DSC_2323.JPG[/video]

DSC_2319.JPG

DSC_2313.JPG

DSC_2310.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_2311.JPG
    DSC_2311.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,640
  • DSC_2307.JPG
    DSC_2307.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,634
  • DSC_2305.JPG
    DSC_2305.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,651
Last edited:
I was pleased to be able to see in the flesh the very same car I will order when I get my MVPA. The blue is very interesting, as from some angles it's almost black. But when direct sun glimmers off the surface it's clearly blue. It's kind of a cross between midnight blue and ultramarine blue.

Didn't you test drive the blue one when in DC? I was there a few days before you and drove the blue/tan. Perhaps it had already left by the time you drove. If I remember, Kadira was your Tesla rep.

This is my color as well. Blue over tan leather. Getting the 19 wheels. Pano = yes. Tech = yes. Sound = no. Rumble seats = yes. I do like the blue. It does change hues whether it is in the showroom, sunlight, shade, clouds, or dusk. Very desirable - IMHO.

Certainly no less a thrill, I imagine!

Are you going with the 19 inch or 21 inch? I lived in Baltimore for 5 years, and I know it has its share of snow.

Yes, we can have some brutal snow storms, although the past few years we've had temperate winters. 3 or 4 years ago we had about 50 inches over several days. With that much snow even snow tires were useless.

I'm going with the 21 but now that Tire Rack has 19 and 20 inch wheels for the Model S (and better prices than Tesla) when next winter approaches I'll buy a set of 19" or 20" wheels with all-season tires.

I'm going with the 21 but now that Tire Rack has 19 and 20 inch wheels for the Model S (and better prices than Tesla) when next winter approaches I'll buy a set of 19" or 20" wheels with all-season tires.

If you're springing for a separate set, why not go for winter tires? All Season tires are really just 3 season tires and aren't that good in real winter weather.

This is my color as well. Blue over tan leather. Getting the 19 wheels. Pano = yes. Tech = yes. Sound = no. Rumble seats = yes. I do like the blue. It does change hues whether it is in the showroom, sunlight, shade, clouds, or dusk. Very desirable - IMHO.

Looks like we have almost the same config. I'm P367 so our cars should be produced about a week apart, God willing.

If you're springing for a separate set, why not go for winter tires? All Season tires are really just 3 season tires and aren't that good in real winter weather.

Probably will get the 19inch wheels/tires when it gets delivered to me (summer 2013) and then spring for the 21 inch wheels/tires in 2014.

The car looks pretty good with the 19 inch wheels, but it really looks amazing with the 21 inch wheels. IMO, blue looks much better with the silver than the grey.

I'm a pretty skilled driver in the snow Decades of experience without ever having snow tires on my cars. I drove my S2000 across Pennsylvania in a snow storm with Michelin Pilot Sports and it was no problem. This when the conventional wisdom was that you should never drive the S2000 in snow.

I'm more concerned about the tire's adhesion on cold road surfaces.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like we have almost the same config. I'm P367 so our cars should be produced about a week apart, God willing.

As I'm P8,781 you should get yours long before me. I'm envious:)

- - - Updated - - -

IMO, blue looks much better with the silver than the grey.

Agree, and will order the silver.

artsci, Thanks for posting those pictures as I have also ordered the Performance with Blue/Tan and Pano roof (along with a few other options). Can't wait to get the delivery phone call, but maybe I'll book a test drive there just to get my Model S fix.

artsci, Thanks for posting those pictures as I have also ordered the Performance with Blue/Tan and Pano roof (along with a few other options). Can't wait to get the delivery phone call, but maybe I'll book a test drive there just to get my Model S fix.

The fix is important:) I'm going to continue to book test drives when my travels bring me near a store, as long as Tesla permits it. I'll be back in Menlo Park in mid-November so that will be my next fix.