Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos of Model X details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

REQUEST: if you respond to this post and quote it, please do not include all the photos in your response! Be selective.

Took these detail photos today of Bonnie's beautiful new X.

This is the 12V outlet in the trunk.
3fdfffb63c89f53126d9da57992e97e9.jpg

The trunk floor. The cavity under the floor is much deeper than the S cavity. I did not measure it.

ca6a26ddec5131d95f98a2c70ce7ff6f.jpg

Second row seat bases.
f03eb6ef2cef854aaf1ddbed569c0526.jpg

Center console shown from the second row. Cup holders extend from just below the vents. Two USB charge ports.

3131f226f0971ec4e48e070d6cc76a49.jpg

Falcon Wing interior switch. It's like a toggle, push the silver loop in to close, pull the loop out to open (I think I remember it working that way). The doors opened and closed in a few seconds. I did not time them but they seemed quite quick to me. Really amazing to see in operation!

03b89626299ab037e98719afdb47d19f.jpg

Windshield. Those are power lines overhead, they are not lines in the windshield.
The windshield is awesome! Sitting in the front row and looking forward it feels like there is nothing over your head. However, it is heavily tinted.

e20a161ccc897cb83e8efec3dc19f37d.jpg

Sun visor with flap covering the lighted vanity mirror pulled down. Lights come on automatically when that cover flap is pulled down.

f6348b3dfa8d7b7cc6c5d8a8de753c97.jpg

Visor with flap covering the vanity mirror and visor extended down fully.

4b58f09a902a8ac3ffa69996d054b887.jpg

Visor partially extended.

022ba4b115629d132cba067035d0b113.jpg

These next two photos show the lower front air intake grille. I looked closely but could not see the location of the forward facing radar. It must be there somewhere!
c9af7525ad59f6c2f9791c83a2c298d9.jpg

fc7dfa2aec17e64fab00d5fc416022cc.jpg

HVAC outlet just below interior Falcon Wing door switch, for second row seating. There are also HVAC outlets facing to the rear in the forward center console (also shown in a photo above).

30bee1716e28574ced32bd1ee89de369.jpg

Another shot of the second row seat bases.

076e166935b0c9bb7c455e9749806ee1.jpg

First row center storage area.

34eecfbf737cf994478c8828cc34a162.jpg

First row center storage area cupholders.

4b26c9a3dca1a06c29ecd30dda20d61e.jpg

All in all, an extremely impressive vehicle!

Last edited:
Great detail shots. Thank you. On the picture of the rear of the front center armrests (where the two usb ports are) there seems to be some kind f of Rail underneath the console. Did it look like it was on a track or was that from the seats?

Boy, that's a sun visor!
Yes, the visors are impressive. I loved the way that they snap in magnetically at the center: when you put the inner corner of the visor within a half inch or so of the attachment point, a small round part of the visor pops out and connects to the magnet. But they are easy to pull away and move to the side where they also magnetically pop into place along the A pillar.

- - - Updated - - -

Great detail shots. Thank you. On the picture of the rear of the front center armrests (where the two usb ports are) there seems to be some kind f of Rail underneath the console. Did it look like it was on a track or was that from the seats?
The center console is fixed in place as far as I know.

Anyone measure (or have an informed guess) on space in the back when the 3rd row is folded down?
I believe that has already been posted at least once in another thread, and my recollection is that it is 60 inches with the second row seats all the way forward. If I am incorrect I'm sure someone will post the right number.

Last edited:

The rail you're referring to is the left-hand rail of the right front seat. Camera angle makes it look like it's under the console. Look at the second row's carpet edge for verification.

Great pictures, thank you.

A couple quick questions if you know:

1) Is there an independent control setting for the rear temperature? Right now on the S the only thing we can control is front left or front right but rear is just whatever.

2) My passengers frequently depart with the sun visor down so I always reach over to put it back up as it bugs me. This seems like it will be impossible to do in the X from the driver seat as its on the other side of the car. Is that true? Anyone have thoughts on that?

Can't answer #1 but regarding #2, I think the driver could reach over and "flip up" the passenger visor if it was left extended down and magnetically locked to the rear view mirror mount, but I do not think the driver could unlock the passenger visor and push it all the way over to where it locks into the passenger A pillar unless the driver was very tall with really long arms.

Can't answer #1 but regarding #2, I think the driver could reach over and "flip up" the passenger visor if it was left extended down and magnetically locked to the rear view mirror mount, but I do not think the driver could unlock the passenger visor and push it all the way over to where it locks into the passenger A pillar unless the driver was very tall with really long arms.

Thanks, just curious about it. Not a deal breaker of course. Certainly worth the pano windshield to deal with that minor inconvenience.

This is why I plan to have a visor cap in the car to quickly place on the head to allow for instant sun control. A white cap could help with cooling in the summer as my choice of black alcantara might raise the temperature when the visors are in front of the glass. The visors do look fantastic.

Thanks for posting the photos. It
relieves the anxiety of waiting for delivery while others who have taken delivery can post photos of their configurations.

To all who are taking delivery of Model X vehicles before the new year, please post photos, especially at delivery and in the garage with open Falcon Wing Doors.

Last edited:
Sorry no dash shots, but it looks very similar to an S, as far as I could tell.
Have no idea what the rear area is without a third row. I believe that all X's currently being built have a third row. The screen captures I have seen of the X configuration website pages make it appear that it is not yet possible to order an X without the third row. When that will be possible I have no idea, nor do I know if it will ever be possible (personally I assume it will be possible at some point in the future).
To @MarkZ: please keep in mind that the photos I posted to start this thread are of Bonnie's X. I do not have, nor am I buying an X in the foreseeable future. I just thought people would be interested in seeing photos of X details that by and large have not been posted before on TMC.

Thanks for the photos ecarfan.

That's the first real photo I have seen from the inside looking up through the pano windscreen. It really goes back further than I thought, which is great. It must feel like nothing above you. I'm not sure what you can compare the view to? A convertible with its top down maybe.

You can order a Model X without the third row. That's the default seating configuration (5 seats). 6-seat and 7-seat configurations cost more. But this doesn't mean that any of those 5-seaters have been built yet. I believe they haven't gotten there yet.

The design studio says that a 5-seat configuration will be available for delivery in "Mid 2016." So if you're hoping for an earlier delivery of a 90D or P90D, 5 seats may not be the best choice...

model-x-seating-options.jpg