Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos of modified headlamp performance – amazing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EVAN PATAK STOLE MY HEADLIGHTS AND $1100.00 AND NOW HAS NOT RESPONDED FOR OVER THREE MONTHS, DESPITE ME SAYING I WAS CALLING THE POLICE FOR THEFT.

Given the above situation, where TroyGuy had to pay him a personal visit to get a response. But I am now out two headlights, plus my money. I cannot get him to respond to me. I was very nice and extremely patient. But he lied to me numerous times about when they were shipping out and then now refuses to respond. I have not been in the least bit unreasonable or disrespectful to him. But now I have no lights and no money.

Does anyone have any other contact information or any way to reach him? I do not want to proceed with a theft charge, but I do not see how he is giving me any other choice at this point.

I WOULD SUGGEST NOBODY ELSE GIVE THIS GUY YOUR PROPERTY, at least until I get this resolved. Evan, if you are seeing this, shame on you. You need to make this right or I will go on each site and let them know what you are doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave my lights to Evan Patak in November of last year. On two or three occasions in December, he said they were shipping out. They did not. After several inquiries, he just stopped responding. I paid in full and he has my lights. He has not responded since early January despite kind reminders, more concerned messages, and finally, a withdrawal of permission to have my property and finally, a desire to involve the police for theft. I am now wasting valuable time and effort to chase this guy down for my property.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get a hold of this guy and get my lights back? The police said they are willing to take a claim for theft, since it has been months. But I would rather not go that route if I don't have to. I just want my lights and/or my money. Thank you all for listening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the two postings that look similar. The purpose of the second was to take out some information out of the first, but the system already redacted that information from both, so now the postings look like duplicates. In any event, thank you all for reading.

I regret that my original post caused many people to trust Evan. At the time my experience with him was above water. He replied quickly to my emails and did all of the work required at a high level of quality.

But that apparently is no longer is the case. He appears to have defrauded many of my fellow Tesla owners and for that I’m truly sorry.

You are not responsible for his behavior, you can only report your experience. There is no need to apologize. It is up to each of us to weigh the risks and benefits of each transaction we undertake for ourselves. He treated you well. You certainly can’t be expected to vouch for what happens in the future. Please don’t feel bad, he’s the louse, not you.

When you find others that provide a valuable service, please continue to post your experiences.

My experience with evan wasnt so pleasant but after over 2-3 months I got my headlights. The money you pay him, doesnt include shipping. When your headlights are ready he will make you pay to have them shipped to you. Also, beware that he will give you only 100 dollars for your headlights when he promised 350

Chiming I’m here, paid for the headlights June 4th 2019, was told they would be done after July 4th weekend. Then told in late August he had an update for me, and now no responses. $1800 and $500 in headlights gone.

I sent him a google pay request for the money back lol. He won’t respond, and is apparently still taking orders from some people on here.

Very disappointed. I’m actually more disappointed that I won’t get the lights than I am about the money...

Very unfortunate...

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Someone needs to take him to small claims court or at least file a complaint with the California Bureau of Auto Repair.
Consumer

File a complaint here too, San Diego's District Attorney's office Consumer Protection - San Diego County District Attorney

Also check if he has a business license (I doubt he does).

He committed mail fraud too.

Last edited: