TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Photos of real carbon fiber nose cone with lighted T

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by artsci, Feb 9, 2014.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

#1 artsci, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    I installed yesterday a nose cone that had been covered in real carbon fiber by CarbonFiberElement in New Jersey. It has a gloss finish. I'm having CarbonFiberElement also cover the front and rear diffusers and the side strakes, all in gloss finish so when all is done I'll have all of the black plastic body panels covered in real carbon fiber

I also installed the last of my hand-made lighted Ts, which is shown in the photos. I'll get the much better production version when the next batch is manufactured later this month.

Sorry for the duplicate photos. The normal deletion methods did not work for some reason.

Attached Files:

2. nkohlimd

nkohlimd Member

Looks great...what did you do with the laser jammer heads?

3. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Looks really nice. I also like how the front camera looks this time around. It's not nearly as noticeable as before.

4. artsci

artsci Sponsor

They're being done with a separate nose cone that's also being covered in carbon fiber. After the accident I had to remount them and I found a better and easier way to do it

5. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

hmm right here in jersey? what are they're prices like ? I was about to wrap mine with 3M film but that looks pretty good.... if the prices are ok I might consider this instead. (I'm assuming their expensive though)

6. artsci

artsci Sponsor

The work on the nose cone was about $400, not bad at all. The chrome strip has to be removed, which you can do yourself or pay extra to have them do it.

7. yobigd20

Did you mail your nose cone to them? Just wondering if this is something they can do in a few hours if they are local ... cant really be driving around without a nose cone.

8. artsci

artsci Sponsor

From all of my experimentation I had two spare nose cones, so I just shipped CarbonFiberElement one of the spares. But yes, for them to do their work, they have to have the original part to cover.

9. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

Spoke with Tony today and he quoted me $550 for nose cone done like yours, and he is at least 4 weeks away from starting it. Rick how much does Tesla charge for a new nose cone? Might get a spare one done in case I want to go back to stock.....

10. artsci

artsci Sponsor

It was $425 on the invoice for the repairs done to my car.

11. NJ Plugin

NJ Plugin Member

Yobigd,
    Today I picked up my car from Leeberbs. He did a full matte wrap on the car, the chrome all (except the Tesla T's and rear badges (though he covered a lighted Tesla T in black matte which I have to put on) in matte black, and also the nose cone in matte. It looks great. He (and Greg) took plenty of pictures (ask him to send you a few). Here is a quick one I took, I will be taking more pictures soon and posting them.
    photo(2).JPG

12. yobigd20

nice! thanks. just curious - why did you get a full matte wrap? to change the color of the car? I was always wondering why people do a matte wrap anyway... did you not like the color that you ordered?