Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos/Video from Model X at Teslive Factory Party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cattledog

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2012
San Antonio, TX

Model X 1.jpeg
Model X 2.jpeg
Model X 3.jpeg
Model X 4.jpeg
Model X 5.jpeg
Model X 6.jpeg
Model X 7.jpeg
Tesla Model X.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming the different color seats in the second row are just to show off the fact that there are 3 rows. I would hate to have the look in my car. I also don't like the dark and light leather combination on the steering wheel. The dash area looks a little to futuristic too. I want the same look inside as the Model S.

And why does the touch screen look like it was taped on there by a 5 year old? It looks too big for the dash area. It should be integrated better, like the Model S.

I'm assuming the different color seats in the second row are just to show off the fact that there are 3 rows. I would hate to have the look in my car. I also don't like the dark and light leather combination on the steering wheel. The dash area looks a little to futuristic too. I want the same look inside as the Model S.

And why does the touch screen look like it was taped on there by a 5 year old? It looks too big for the dash area. It should be integrated better, like the Model S.

There will be plenty of configuration options. The combination shown was not normally one I would have chosen, but when I saw it in real-life I want it exactly like that.

It's obvious that with the higher seating position, the touchscreen was raised so that it is at a more comfortable height for the driver. I've seen it at the auto show, and it doesn't look that awkward in person.

I heard at TESLIVE that the touch screen on the X will not be left hanging in midair, as in the prototype, but will be integrated more like the S. I forget who said it, though, but at the time I thought it was a credible source.

I like it floating on the dash. I'm fine with it 'as is'. Just give me my X.

I used to wish it is more streamline like the S. however the real life use tells me the top half of the monitor is much more useful then the lower part. So leaving it in the air is the better height.

In the end, I would leave these types of small feature to Elon and the team. Trust them will do a better job then our 3 minutes thinking. They are very thorough.

By this notion, I felt some of the q/a with Elon in teslive is too trivial and not the best use of time. They appreciate small feature feedback but trust me, they know better than you think. I regret not getting in the line and asking/helping Elon with something more important. First time I realized there is a line the line is already long and I get lazy to wait.

I can't help but wonder why Tesla is going for such a raked profile on the X. Seems to me they could make it much more of a utility vehicle by adopting a more traditional shape, say like the Mercedes GL, while still keeping sleek styling and great performance.

That said, the only two dealbreakers for me are (possibly): if adults can't fit in the third row, and if it can't tow at least 3,500 pounds (preferably 4000+)

Thanks for posting the pics... we have a few as well from the party but yours turned out better (might have been that I was holding a beverage in one hand while taking a pic with the other). We liked it so much that we reserved our X at the party with one of the Tesla employees (female) that was walking around with her iPad. My wife did our reservation right after the Pedego Bikes owner placed his. He came over to me and told me of our future vehicle as my wife was wandering around looking for me. :)

SCW - I agree, I think this version of the car, which I believe debuted in Detroit in early 2013, is better than the one that was revealed in early 2012. OK if they keep making it better, but like it a lot as is.