Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos/Video from Model X at Teslive Factory Party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait, so you mean to say you have personally sat in the third row of a Model X??? :p
I'm curious what your height is, how much room (if any) was in front of your needs, what approximate angle your legs made with your upper body (i.e. sitting normally, or knees very high)? And if you happen to have sat in other three-row SUVs, how you would describe the comparison?

Follow up: can you describe the amount of space behind the third row in the Model X?

as bonnie said there were many of us that sat in the third row at the reveal. as I've reported elsewhere in these forums I am 6'2" and was fine in the third row. since you sit a little lower it would possibly be disadvantageous if you have a tendency for car sickness on a long trip but otherwise just fine. I also sneaked in a second ride in the front row and that was a wonderful place to be

as bonnie said there were many of us that sat in the third row at the reveal. as I've reported elsewhere in these forums I am 6'2" and was fine in the third row. since you sit a little lower it would possibly be disadvantageous if you have a tendency for car sickness on a long trip but otherwise just fine. I also sneaked in a second ride in the front row and that was a wonderful place to be

Thanks very much for the insight. The tallest person we'd have sitting in the third row is about 6'3" so I'm hopeful that it will be comfortable. Seems that the space is larger than it looks!

Any impressions about amount of cargo space behind third row? (And yes, I haven't forgotten, the Frunk is available as well. Although we haven't yet had a reason to use ours in the Model S).

I'd prefer fold-flat over removable.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

From what I can tell, they are fold-flat. I'd like for them to be both fold-flat AND removable, so I can have the head room for the dogs. And we don't want them to jump out from any higher than they have to. We will never need the third row of seats for people.

A second (less-desirable) option is to remove the second row if the third row can't be removed.